Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.5 dash cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same problem. Dash cam used to work fine until update to 2019.8.3. Can't get the gray x to go away, no matter how many times I reformat and re-create the TeslaCam folder.
Same here. Once I noticed the gray X, I erased the drive and placed a new TeslaCam folder. That didn’t work. It required a reformat, new folder - and now it’s working.

I hope this dashcam becomes more hands-off with less tending in the future; I’ve reformatted half a dozen times since roll-out. I can envision “needing it” someday and not realizing it has the gray X.....

Reactions: Gt1948
Same here. Once I noticed the gray X, I erased the drive and placed a new TeslaCam folder. That didn’t work. It required a reformat, new folder - and now it’s working.

I hope this dashcam becomes more hands-off with less tending in the future; I’ve reformatted half a dozen times since roll-out. I can envision “needing it” someday and not realizing it has the gray X.....
Tried a new flash drive; tried reformat, same problem.

With excess use the DashCam partition is probably a consumable part with a limited lifetime. This is partly why I setup a separate partition on a separate drive for the DashCam different from the USB media drive. Also they make a line of SD Cards specifically designed for DashCam applications with many read/write cycles and temperature tolerances. Not to suggest this is the cause but it coudn't hurt to use storage media designed for this purpose...