Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X with Enhanced Autopilot, what is Enhanced Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enhanced AutoPilot should provide NOAP (Navigate on AutoPilot) for limited access highways.

It's likely NOAP on other roads will require purchase of FSD - same with the new Enhanced Summon feature (which is more than just driving forward/backward in Summon).

EAP has more features than what is provided as standard AP in new vehicles - but will start missing out on features later this year as Tesla begins rolling out more capabilities that are part of the FSD package.

I am a little bit lost here. So if the car come with EAP, does it automatically becomes FSD when its ready, or I have to pay extra? Because it doesn't really make any sense if I am paying $5000 for EAP and later on additional $6000 for FSD, right?

I am a little bit lost here. So if the car come with EAP, does it automatically becomes FSD when its ready, or I have to pay extra? Because it doesn't really make any sense if I am paying $5000 for EAP and later on additional $6000 for FSD, right?

No, FSD is still separate, but the upgrade price is lower if you are coming from EAP vs the new standard AP.

Reactions: WilliamZ
So, now, my questions is, what if I don't go for EAP, and to straight to FSD, my cost would be $7000 instead going for $5000 EAP and $5000 for FSD?

You should ask Tesla, as the specific pricing for the FSD upgrade from EAP has changed more than once. I'm not sure what the current cost on an inventory vehicle would be, but they should be able to tell you.

Or maybe they'd toss it in to get a June pre-Raven sale. :)

Reactions: WilliamZ