Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Raven Performance or new LR?

2019 Raven Performance vs new LR

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Looking for some suggestions to choose between a 2019 Raven Performance vs new LR. Some background info:

Raven Performance is asking $82k with ludicrous mode, MSM, 21" sonic carbon and lifetime free connectivity. 90% is around 300miles of range. Nearly mint condition with around 10k miles. Suspension feels awesome and MCU2 is fast. Coming from a P85D, this seems significantly faster even without using ludicrous+ mode.

New LR stats have been really impressive especially the pull at 60MPH+ and the more I read the delivery threads the more I am torn between this vs the Raven. Things I like on the LR is the new interior, new software (although some bugs need to be worked out), and the increased range to around 400. Note I have a LR reservation for the $80k price point ($5k lower than today's price), so this will actually be $2k cheaper than the Raven Performance.

Would love to know which one you all would choose (Threw in a 3rd choice too :)).

No offense, don't even know why this is a question. A 2-3 year newer car, major updates all around, excellent real world performance and a new warranty and better range. You are locked in at the old price so your resale will be comparatively better to anyone jumping in now.

Reactions: ucsdsig and oktane
Is it really just $2k? Is that including or excluding Tesla's mandatory delivery/destination/transportation (whatever its called) fee, doc fee, etc? Also, is the 2019 via a private seller who leaves the selling price space empty for you to fill out?

Just asking all of the pertinent questions...

Reactions: AMPd
Thanks for the the feedback! Looks like most folks are voting for the new LR and I am leaning that direction as well.

To answer some questions, the raven performance is around 2 years old and is from Carmax which I have on hold and checked out. Remaining warranty is 2 years 40k miles. Price difference is indeed around $2k after all taxes/fees are included.

Reactions: gadelrosario
Thanks for the the feedback! Looks like most folks are voting for the new LR and I am leaning that direction as well.

To answer some questions, the raven performance is around 2 years old and is from Carmax which I have on hold and checked out. Remaining warranty is 2 years 40k miles. Price difference is indeed around $2k after all taxes/fees are included.
That would be an absolutely absurd purchase if the difference is $2K. Why are you even considering it?

Reactions: AMPd and ucsdsig

"Leaning in that direction"?

This whole discussion is absurd. An old style used car from Carmax vs. a current generation car with 2 years additional warranty for only $2k more?

The choice is obvious, get the new one.

Reactions: AMPd
Yeah... I thought the raven ludicrous was a decent deal (especially looking at KBB and other listed cars) since it was around 100-110k brand new (20-30k depreciation in 2 years) with low miles.

0-60 times are also better in the low/mid-2s, but doesn't have a lot of top end compared to the new LR/Plaid.

Reactions: gadelrosario
I have a 2019 Raven Performance and I think the range, new interior and hopefully quality improvements are also a consideration. I have not driven the new LR, but if it feels even close to mine, warranty, the newer tech, battery, screen sound system and gaming level interface need to be a thought. Also, are you going to pay for blackout? Do you like chrome? Interest rates on a loan, new vs used? Window tint. Other little things that can add up.

Reactions: oktane and peighty5
Well all this talk about the LR pulling hard or harder than a P100D or Performance is just talk. All we have for now is one 0-100mph pull. I doubt the LR will be quicker than the previous Performance model. If it is, then it’s a no brainer for the LR.

However, I think even if it was slower, the LR is still a better purchase. Nicer interior, longer range, new warranty etc.

Well all this talk about the LR pulling hard or harder than a P100D or Performance is just talk. All we have for now is one 0-100mph pull. I doubt the LR will be quicker than the previous Performance model. If it is, then it’s a no brainer for the LR.

However, I think even if it was slower, the LR is still a better purchase. Nicer interior, longer range, new warranty etc.

Exactly. I'd give up the performance for the extra 2 years of warranty alone. Newer body style, better interior, and no longer on legacy hardware are far more important.

Reactions: AMGF