Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.1 Hitting Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 4.1 and had a 8.x ready for download. Don't have WiFi and my usual free WiFi spot is by a gym I (used) to go to. Since all is closed for now I have been piece milling using my iPhone as hotspot. Slow since in an underground parking deck but had about ¾ downloaded. Went down this morning and hooked to hotspot and noticed the yellow download symbol MIA. Software says up to date. Wonder if 8.x has been pulled in lieu of 12.x? Kinda stinks since I bought an SSD and formatted exFAT but can't use until I get an update.

I'm on 4.1 and had a 8.x ready for download. Don't have WiFi and my usual free WiFi spot is by a gym I (used) to go to. Since all is closed for now I have been piece milling using my iPhone as hotspot. Slow since in an underground parking deck but had about ¾ downloaded. Went down this morning and hooked to hotspot and noticed the yellow download symbol MIA. Software says up to date. Wonder if 8.x has been pulled in lieu of 12.x?

I just (as in like 30 minutes ago) got updated from 8.1 to 8.2, FWIW

I think this is the “stop control” update that is just not turned on. It’s been reported by “greentheonly” that this function is a 1 or a 0, activated from Tesla(kind of like the acceleration upgrade). My prediction is that if early access testing goes well, they will turn it on next week.

Reactions: captain_sahaj
This version does display the word STOP on the stop signs.

12 (for me) only displayed STOP on very few signs. It does it all the time now.

Agreed. I think it is using the wide FOV front camera now or more. Also noticed that a lane arrow appeared behind the car avatar while I was in a parking space. I could be wrong but this seems like new behavior. Possibly using the rear camera now for FSD visualizations?