Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.1 Installing Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloaded 12.1 yesterday. In the media player I can select the USB stick I use for the Senrty feature and I can now see the TeslaCam folders (3) and files within these folders. If I try and play one of the mp4 files the speaker icon pops up next to the file but nothing happens. On some files it displays a loading error. Is this new I don't recall seeing this before?

Downloaded 12.1 yesterday. In the media player I can select the USB stick I use for the Senrty feature and I can now see the TeslaCam folders (3) and files within these folders. If I try and play one of the mp4 files the speaker icon pops up next to the file but nothing happens. On some files it displays a loading error. Is this new I don't recall seeing this before?

just for grins, see if you can format a new stick to exFat and see if it recognizes it. wonder if it will play video if it is 'happier' with its new preferred disk format.

Well I pulled the thumb drive out of the car and removed all the old Sentry files using my laptop, reinstalled the drive in the M3 and I no longer am able to see or select the drive in the media player. I am unable to repeat the condition.

2020.12.1 has the stop feature at lights for select number of people, the number will increase soon
Do you have any proof of this?
Tesla release software where different cars see different features based on what the cars specification is. So AWD/RWD or HW2.5 or 3 , Model 3,X or S etc.
They don't release software where "select people" get features and others don't, assuming their cars are the same spec.

Or rather if they did, it would be the first time they've done it, so some proof is in order - early access has previously been different versions.

Do you have any proof of this?
Tesla release software where different cars see different features based on what the cars specification is. So AWD/RWD or HW2.5 or 3 , Model 3,X or S etc.
They don't release software where "select people" get features and others don't, assuming their cars are the same spec.

Or rather if they did, it would be the first time they've done it, so some proof is in order - early access has previously been different versions.
Yes, if you see greentheonly on twitter, you will see that the stoplight feature is included with this update, but is only enabled by the “mothership”

Reactions: drewpost

I'm on 12.1 also and will give this a try tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up !

Yes, if you see greentheonly on twitter, you will see that the stoplight feature is included with this update, but is only enabled by the “mothership”
Can't find anything on his twitter feed that suggests that Tesla has started releasing different features in the same version to different people. Or that 2020.12.1 has these new features.

Reactions: boonedocks
Can't find anything on his twitter feed that suggests that Tesla has started releasing different features in the same version to different people. Or that 2020.12.1 has these new features.

Attachments

• 38FD7873-C3C6-4283-A856-B53DECA9D01A.jpeg
    38FD7873-C3C6-4283-A856-B53DECA9D01A.jpeg
    564.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 97B32ABF-0F00-496A-8FC9-3E909461E205.jpeg
    97B32ABF-0F00-496A-8FC9-3E909461E205.jpeg
    646.5 KB · Views: 60

I dont have FSD but my M3 DM LR can *see* and shows all traffic lights. That’s included in 2020.8.2 (at least). I wouldn’t know whether FSD would act on it if that’s what you guys mean. Sorry if this isn’t helpful.

Last edited:

Think again, this has been happening for years:

Examples:
- Geo locking of NOA with/without confirmation (US, CA, EU, etc.)
- Geo locking of Smart Summon
- Model locking of lane change assist (S/X vs 3)
- Differences in AP behavior (EU, non-EU)

VIN specific feature activation is also present as part of the Early Acces Program as well as VIN specific version deployments.