Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.11.1 and phantom alarm triggers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've done a search in this and haven't found anything so thought I'd try a new thread.

Since updating to 2020.12.11.1 three days ago, I keep getting phantom alarm triggers. I've had the car since November and only had the alarm go off once when parked in a city street. Otherwise it's been very well behaved. Since this update, the alarm has gone off a dozen times.

I realise alarm triggers can be a multitude of things and are usually a physical thing you overlooked but the CV-19 provides us with the perfect control experiment setup ;-) The car is going nowhere, sitting in the exact same place own the drive as it always does and started exhibiting these symptoms without being driven. No Sentry Mode events to suggest it's being tampered with either.

I've obviously done a two button/brake pedal reset twice and checked all the doors. I've also checked for anything inside fluttering around (unlikely) and re-closed all the doors/boot/frunk.

Car is parked plugged in (but often not charging controlled from the app) and has sentry mode on at home location in the onscreen menu (the only thing I've changed in the last month or two).

Could be coincidence but seeing if anyone else has these symptoms post-update before investigating further.

• Helpful
Reactions: -DB-
Hi all,

I've done a search in this and haven't found anything so thought I'd try a new thread.

Since updating to 2020.12.11.1 three days ago, I keep getting phantom alarm triggers. I've had the car since November and only had the alarm go off once when parked in a city street. Otherwise it's been very well behaved. Since this update, the alarm has gone off a dozen times.

I realise alarm triggers can be a multitude of things and are usually a physical thing you overlooked but the CV-19 provides us with the perfect control experiment setup ;-) The car is going nowhere, sitting in the exact same place own the drive as it always does and started exhibiting these symptoms without being driven. No Sentry Mode events to suggest it's being tampered with either.

I've obviously done a two button/brake pedal reset twice and checked all the doors. I've also checked for anything inside fluttering around (unlikely) and re-closed all the doors/boot/frunk.

Car is parked plugged in (but often not charging controlled from the app) and has sentry mode on at home location in the onscreen menu (the only thing I've changed in the last month or two).

Could be coincidence but seeing if anyone else has these symptoms post-update before investigating further.
I had the the same thing happen. Was parked in a quiet spot supercharging. Alarm went off. I was about one minute away from the car. Came back, watched the Sentry footage and there was no reason for it to go off. Hasn't gone off again since but that was only a week ago so I'll let you know if it does.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Hi all,

Any drink bottle specifically plastic? As the heat differences due to weather can sometimes cause these to expand and set the alarm off in the Tesla even though its never happened in any other car I've owned

Got got the 2020.12 update 3 days ago and mine alarm has gone off 4 times in the last 2 days. It's sitting in the driveway with nothing near it and no loud noises or vibrations.

Powered off this morning and rebooted so will see if it stops.