Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.11.2 hitting M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I don't get an update, I make an appointment with the service center via the app. The update, if applicable will show up on my screen within a day or two. I live in a condo so there's no wifi, requiring me to drive to the service center to tap into their wifi in order to download the update. While I was there, the customer service person confirmed that the update was pushed to my car by one of their service technicians that morning in response to my service appointment. Once I saw the download, I had them cancel my appointment.

By the way, not having wifi at my car is a huge hassle since after the update is downloaded and then installed, a navigation update has to be done and it takes forever. This second navigation update has to be done before any subsequent software updates are done. I was three updates behind because the car does not let me know there are available updates without wifi. Because the navigation updates are so huge, I don't have any other download option other than the service center. I tried to use my smartphone as a hotspot but got throttled after 3GBs and the download still wasn't done. Anyway, after several visits to the service center and several hours sitting in the lot waiting for the downloads to finish, I'm now up to date.