Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.6 is downloading!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perfect timing as well, since I was getting ready to leave the house.
Screenshot_20200425-170824.png

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
I just went to check my X what version it was on. And I see 2020.12.6 and think, wait I already have 12.6. No, wait, that’s the version pending to install :)

Installing now

Last edited:
just got the update... i wonder how many years we are away from a tesla being able to accelerate by itself after a stop sign...,

It can physically do it now... no question.

I guess it s all about baby steps.

Could be about getting the public comfortable with this small step first.
Could be about convincing the govt. of how many stops are being made on the feature everyday to allow regulations to get approved.
Could be about simply making baby steps and getting recommendations from the public and making adjustments first.

who knows?

It can physically do it now... no question.

Physically do it? Sure. Do it safely? Not so much. Teslas been pretty aggressive in rolling features if they believe they're safe.

Could be about convincing the govt. of how many stops are being made on the feature everyday to allow regulations to get approved.

Nothing they're doing at Level 2 requires any approval from any regulator- so no.

(in some states even if they pushed (correctly working) L5 it'd require no further approval from anybody)

This is a popular red herring though that people think is holding Tesla back- it's not.

Could be about simply making baby steps and getting recommendations from the public and making adjustments first.

who knows?

I mean- we know- they have told us-even the release notes kinda mention it- they require a lot more fleet data of the stopping behavior in real life to make it any more automated or trust-able.... and aren't even ready for a baby step like this for additional city road features like accelerating or handling turns.

Reactions: outdoors
Of course- it's explicitly an FSD feature.

Tesla release note explicitly states the feature works with TACC or Autosteer. No mention of NoA, let alone NoA only. Apart from hardware, NoA is the only feature unique to FSD that matters. And HW3 is not essential.

My HW2.5 (no FSD) M3 update to 2020.12.5 includes the traffic signal visualizations and warnings with TACC/Autosteer. Why should the 2020.6 incremental beta update work any differently? I imagine full stops unless averted on TACC/Autosteer at traffic signals with or without FSD.

I usually am in the final third group for upgrades. Others will know before me how it really works on nonFSD cars. Any certitude is premature.

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
Tesla release note explicitly states the feature works with TACC or Autosteer. No mention of NoA, let alone NoA only. Apart from hardware, NoA is the only feature unique to FSD that matters. And HW3 is not essential.

None of that is correct.

For one- There's 2 different FSDs.

NoA is also part of EAP, which isn't FSD.

For another, this new feature absolutely requires HW3.

For a third- the stop light thing is explicitly an FSD feature

You can read the feature list of FSD to find it.

Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

Tesla.com said:
Full Self-Driving Capability....

Coming later this year:
Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs
Automatic driving on city streets

The bit you cite in the notes are only about what modes FSD cars will see this new behavior in.

My HW2.5 (no FSD) M3 update to 2020.12.5 includes the traffic signal visualizations and warnings with TACC/Autosteer.

No it doesn't.

The only new visualization HW2.5 got was cones. No lights, no stop signs.

The 'warning you're about to run one' is in 2.5 but it's not new, been there for months.

I usually am in the final third group for upgrades. Others will know before me how it really works on nonFSD cars. Any certitude is premature.

Not at all is how it works on non-FSD cars, since it's explicitly an FSD feature.

Has been listed as such since last year.

There's absolute certitude, in writing, from Tesla, since 2019 at least.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva