Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.20.12 Release Notes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car was charging fine before 2020.20.12. Now charges at half the speed it did before. Only thing that changed with the car was the latest update. Home charges at half the speed as before, and supercharger speed is half of what it was before.

Car was charging fine before 2020.20.12. Now charges at half the speed it did before. Only thing that changed with the car was the latest update. Home charges at half the speed as before, and supercharger speed is half of what it was before.

No sooner do I speak, than updated the app on my phone, and it now is suddenly charging normal again.

This sounds a little far fetched. ;)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
agreed. it seemed to be rolling out quickly at the time of my original post but it has def slowed down.
That's because there are very few vehicles left on 2020.20.5 (Model S/3/X) or 2020.20.11 (Model Y). It was aggressive to replace the initial rollout of 2020.20.* (except 2020.20.1 which seems to be for non-FSD). So it would seem like there was a newly introduced serious bug related to Autopilot on FSD. This is also why Tesla does partial rollouts, e.g., 5% of the fleet got 2020.20.5/11, to see if there are regressions before releasing a fix, e.g., 2020.20.12, or rolling out to a larger percentage.

Reactions: Kacey Green
What is your GPS issue? Are you seeing your car at home in the Tesla APP when you park at home? After my MCU2 upgrade my GPS is off enough when Parked at home to think it’s at the neighboring address.
It shows the right address but sentry mode stays on and does a number in the battery. So I have to turn it off and remember to turn it in when I am out and about. Tesla said the new update should fix it. So I sit here and wait!!

It shows the right address but sentry mode stays on and does a number in the battery. So I have to turn it off and remember to turn it in when I am out and about. Tesla said the new update should fix it. So I sit here and wait!!
I just want to tell everyone that I just got 2020.20.12. I had a problem with sentry mode not working correctly at home. The car did no know it was home. Well it seems the software update fixed it. I turned sentry mode on from the app in my phone and walked up to the car without my key fob and nothing happened!! My address was correct on my phone and sentry did not turn on. So far all good news!!!

I haven’t seen anyone mention this so I will describe my WTF moment using this release.

A week ago today I picked up my 2016 MX that had just completed the HW3 and MCU2 upgrade. Other than local street driving I did not have a chance to do any substantial driving until yesterday. That was a 100+ drive, mostly freeway. On my way back home using NOA the car moved into the fast lane to get around a slower car. Right after I passed the car I noticed a faster car coming up behind me. Since Tesla had removed the feature that would move my car out of the fast lane I was preparing to hit my turn signal to move it back into a slower lane. Much to my surprise, before I could touch the turn signal, the car activated it on its own and changed lanes without my input. Needless to say, I was quite surprised. Don’t know if others have experienced this reappearance of the much sought after feature but it is good to know it is still lurking out there.

Running FW 2020.20.12.

Anyone seen the release notes yet for 2020.20.12?

Just got this, will be installing when I can connect to WiFi.

View attachment 549802
I just had the same message on my M3. Even though I was connected to Wi-Fi, the new firmware would not download. Had to contact support and have them "un-stick" it. When they were finished, I found that 2020.16.3 was reinstalled, which I was already on. I've queried support about the version confusion.