Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.28.5 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what is the recommended charge rate, 80%? Also is it ok to plug it in every night?

Thanks!
According to Elon Musk, no problem charging to 90-95%.

Attachments

• 21244447-5926-4ADB-8B6C-73E595CD4CFF.jpeg
    21244447-5926-4ADB-8B6C-73E595CD4CFF.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 87
But we shouldn’t need to. I have a 2018 Outback with Eyesight and it never has these problems. Thus far, Eyesight is way better than Autopilot.
My 2018 Leaf doesn't have this problem either.

It is most likely because the way this works on most vehicles is that they ignore stationary objects to avoid exactly this problem. The Tesla will actually stop if you would run in to a car e.g. stopped at a traffic light, the others would just ignore it. Still I don't understand why a shadow triggers the problem as it looks nothing like a vehicle.

Telsa likes to say a plugged in battery is a happy battery so there is no problem keeping it plugged in. 80% is fine.

I've read and have it set at 50% since we drive occasionally on the weekend at most. If we go on a longer drive, we bump it back up to 80% the night before. But ours has literally been sitting for weeks at 50% and it's been fine for the occasional drive.

All I can say is 28.5 is virtually undriveable with TACC. Phantom braking and no longer accepting car in front to proceed through green light. Half the time a green light, following in traffic, forces acknowledgement before proceeding. I had to turn it off...maybe others are having better luck...

Same here. It will slam the brakes for cars parked on the side of the street.

Got this update on my model Y yesterday and it just gave me the separate air vent disable without the passenger in the seat.

Today same firmware but this time on the Model 3, only thing I got was Language improvement.

Anyone else with a SR+ Also without the Air Vent disable update?

Fred

Got this update on my model Y yesterday and it just gave me the separate air vent disable without the passenger in the seat.

Today same firmware but this time on the Model 3, only thing I got was Language improvement.

Anyone else with a SR+ Also without the Air Vent disable update?

Fred

I have a 3 dual motor and got the update a few days ago without the separate air vent disable feature

• Funny
Reactions: Wennfred
So what is the recommended charge rate, 80%? Also is it ok to plug it in every night?

Thanks!

The recommended charge rate appears to be anything below 90%, you just don’t want to keep it at 100% for a long time unless you have a long trip to go. According to Elon, the best practice to save battery is to always keep the model Y plugged in however when you do that you never let the battery see the bottom end because it’s always charging smaller increments at the top. From what I heard from the service advisor, that will cause the algorithm to read lower predicted Range. That’s what happened to mine

But we shouldn’t need to. I have a 2018 Outback with Eyesight and it never has these problems. Thus far, Eyesight is way better than Autopilot.
Phantom braking has always been a problem with the Tesla built AP system. AP1 us still smoother, just a shame the updates to the AP1 system stopped with advent of AP2. We traded our last AP1 car a few months back and will miss it.

I just downloaded the update on my performance model Y. My full battery range displays 269 miles like before. The service advisor told me I need to stop charging it in small increments to 90% daily or else it will throw off the algorithm and that the displayed Range is just an estimate not actual miles lol
I believe like most people experienced with Tesla service that service is trained to pass off normal degradation as just an algorithm glitch due to not charging the car properly.

How many miles do you have on it? Almost 20 miles of battery degradation seems pretty high. Mine is a 282 @ 4500 miles.

Im at 279.75 right now.. not too far off from 275.. I am curious what is causing so many MY's to drop range like this.. maybe its people are driving shorter distances and less so the cars algorithm isn't working right... Hopefully that's it and once people start driving more it will go back up?? But it seems like many people have seen a 5-7% drop after only a couple thousands miles.