Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4.1 incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't get voice commands to work with this release. I tried "It's cold" and "My butt is cold". Text spells out correct, but command not recognized.

MCU1 AP2.5.

those aren’t commands, they are comments. If it were me in charge of the software recognition I would have programmed a response of “that’s nice to hear”

Updated last night. Definitely has helped my ping ponging issues. Now drives straight and even after large trucks pass moves over a little and comes back in a stable way. Much more useable.

more testing tonight. Drives so much straighter, especially at night. Can’t believe I tolerated the ping ponging as long as I did.

Maybe I am wrong but I am not aware of that voice command ever being a recognized command. You can't just say anything you want. You have to use a pre-programmed command. Try saying "Set temperature to 70". That command works for me.
Apparently it should understand quite a bit natural language. But seems in some cars, or at some times, it doesn't understand anything at all.

New The voice recognition works very well if you just push the mic button and release to talk, instead of holding it down. I got all sorts of things to work - even saying "driver's ass is cold" turned on my seat heater (I learned that one from my model 3, lol)

No, and it may be worse. Can’t believe this hasn’t been addressed. Drunkrobot
I would really like to see what you consider ping pong. I do see/feel the wheel turning ever so slightly (1-2 degrees) when going straight on the highway but it is so, so very little, and you can't even see the car 'changing on the road', at least as the driver. If you can, then next time you have a passenger can they video about 15 seconds of it and upload to a sharing site so others can see what you have happening? Thanks!

I gotta say I like the new text and reply feature. Worked better than i expected. Voice recognition for me seemed more accurate and just...normal for what a car should be like. Very limited testing though. Model S, MCU1 AP2.5.

Yesterday was the first time it happened to me - got a text, it notified me and asked if I wanted to hear it. Read it fine. Then gave me the option to reply. Took my reply and sent it perfectly. IT WAS A PERFECT CALL! Oops, I meant text. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Bacalao and djlott
So took my first long (2 hour) drive today on 2020.4.1 and had a interesting AP bug (or at least I think it's a bug).. So I was driving on a divided highway in the right-most lane & using NOA. Several times (but not every time) as I came up to and passed your typical off ramp/exit, my left blinker would turn on for a few blinks (like NOA was going to do a lane change), but it never changed lanes. I was on a more or less empty highway, and there was no one in front or back of me.

What's odd is it didn't happen every off ramp, but it did happen I'd say about 1/3rd of the time when I passed one, and only happened when I was in the rightmost lane.

Also I had ping-ponging on my last software version, but it's gone for me on 2020.4.1. It will probably come back. I feel like it comes and goes every few versions.

Yes, Voice command problem with 2020.4.1 ... definitely. Even my former commands, like "Take me home" that I've been using for 5 years almost every day do Not work with this new software. I've even tried their examples, with no action taken. Ignores my old "Play ... ", Take me ... ", even "Bug report ... " all are ignored. Surely, this must be troubling others, too.
no trouble for me. Then again, I never used terms like "take me". I used the word "drive".

Again on driving the couple of days miles better! excuse the hidden pun. I did not have this ping pong on the M3 but for me the autopilot uptake is improved. I am also getting much higher FPS in Buggy Racing 2 finally lag is no longer an issue for hitting those world beating lap times.

Finally got 2020.4.1 couple of days ago and for the few times I have tried AutoPilot there has definitely been a decrease in the pingpong effect. Its still there but hardly noticeable (if I wasn't looking for it probably wouldn't notice it was even an issue now). Its now trying to keep the car in the center of the lane, before it was going from 1/3 to the other 1/3 of the lane. Haven't had a chance to fully try the voice commands but for what I have tried it seems to work better.