Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not just make sure whoever is driving is the one connected to Bluetooth? Sounds more like operator error than software error.

Too bad that cant associate the txt/blue tooth connection to the driver profile? But agree.. I will always have this off if I have the family in the car. Too bad it doesnt have an option for ‘mute for 1 hour’ like on many cellphone operating systems.

• Love
Reactions: EVortex
Too bad that cant associate the txt/blue tooth connection to the driver profile? But agree.. I will always have this off if I have the family in the car. Too bad it doesnt have an option for ‘mute for 1 hour’ like on many cellphone operating systems.

I never turn off bluetooth, so I can see how this happens. Still the fact that you can't lower the volume of the text reading aloud is definitely software error.

While I agree that the software is far from perfect and definitely needs some tweaking I appreciate that they're still giving us some new features to play with and make our lives better even if they aren't perfect. Personally, I really like the ability to read and dictate text messages a lot more than I previously would have thought.

Honestly, my Voice Commands got worse with 2020.4.1. Lot's of no connections, and now it get stuck with a couple of words then it hangs. I'm in a 2013 Model S 60. The text message reading is a nice feature though. I'm hoping they fix the voice commands in the next update.

From your description, you may be hitting the same thing I did: Before this release, you hit the talk button again to end a voice command, but in this one, if you do that it seems to cancel the command. If you haven’t already, try pressing the button once, give the voice command, and then just wait instead of hitting the button again. It should flesh out the command and actually do what you asked.

From your description, you may be hitting the same thing I did: Before this release, you hit the talk button again to end a voice command, but in this one, if you do that it seems to cancel the command. If you haven’t already, try pressing the button once, give the voice command, and then just wait instead of hitting the button again. It should flesh out the command and actually do what you asked.

Thanks... I'll try that!

While I agree that the software is far from perfect and definitely needs some tweaking I appreciate that they're still giving us some new features to play with and make our lives better even if they aren't perfect. Personally, I really like the ability to read and dictate text messages a lot more than I previously would have thought.

I dont disagree. I love the updates and the fact that they remedy the updates when something is not quite right with more updates. I just think it's crazy that you can't lower the volume or mute of the reading aloud of texts. Seems like that would have come up when they were developing these features.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Wow!! You guys are EXACTLY on the problem. Just like you, my FIRST desire is for vehicle software that works RIGHT, DRIVES RIGHT, DRIVES SAFELY and incidentally can again decode VOICE COMMANDS and then b) Turn OFF the undesirable junk commands such as the one that causes the car to abruptly slow down on the freeway if there is a slow moving car in the truck lane! As far as I am concerned, they can forget about the FARTS, strange noises, and games until they get the BASIC CAR working right! It would also be VERY nice to be able to phone Tesla Service (or support) and be able to talk to a human again. NO OTHER car manufacturer has such insanely POOR customer service!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
Wow!! You guys are EXACTLY on the problem. Just like you, my FIRST desire is for vehicle software that works RIGHT, DRIVES RIGHT, DRIVES SAFELY and incidentally can again decode VOICE COMMANDS and then b) Turn OFF the undesirable junk commands such as the one that causes the car to abruptly slow down on the freeway if there is a slow moving car in the truck lane! As far as I am concerned, they can forget about the FARTS, strange noises, and games until they get the BASIC CAR working right! It would also be VERY nice to be able to phone Tesla Service (or support) and be able to talk to a human again. NO OTHER car manufacturer has such insanely POOR customer service!!!!
well, there is a button to fix all that....:)

I think some others come close.

Take Mercedes. Parts Dept won't answer the phone. Had to call main number. Left message and text, never called back. This happened at 3 different MB Stealerships.

Pulled a Tesla, drove down and visited in person. They were clueless about oil and filters, tried to sell me the wrong parts and finally succeeded.

Still have to top off the engine coolant. There is none to be had on North America, and no word as to when it will be available.

I think some others come close.

Take Mercedes. Parts Dept won't answer the phone. Had to call main number. Left message and text, never called back. This happened at 3 different MB Stealerships.

Pulled a Tesla, drove down and visited in person. They were clueless about oil and filters, tried to sell me the wrong parts and finally succeeded.

Still have to top off the engine coolant. There is none to be had on North America, and no word as to when it will be available.
At least you were able to leave a message as a worst case scenario. It's infuriating to call the two phone numbers of our local Tesla service centers (which go to the same single person to manage BTW) and have the VM box full so you can't even leave a message. That's a fun one.

But we have enough Tesla "Customer Service" bashing threads (rightly earned I might add) currently so let's keep this one on track.