Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it’s still preferable and less distracting to listen to a message than reading it...even if that message is on the IC.
Fair enough, the only thing is since I have to glance at the IC to choose the option to see or dismiss the message, once I click on it I immediately see the message and by that point I’ve read it. So the option I useless. Plus it interrupts what I am listening to and many messages are not meant for public consumption.

When a message notification pops up, you should get the following choices:
View Message (if speed is reasonably low enough)
View Message On Main Screen (see above)
Listen To Message
Dismiss

The SMS voice volume is the same volume as the Nav volume - in fact, when rolling the left scroll wheel while a text is being read, the volume displays "Nav".

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Visualization of stop signs and traffic lights are working fine with this new release. Release notes indicate that car will now give a warning when attempting to run a red light when in auto-pilot. I attempted to test on quiet, low speed road, but received no warnings it seemed ready to cruise right through red light. Any experiences out there for red light warnings?

Last edited:
Visualization of stop signs and traffic lights are working fine with this new release. Release notes indicate that car will now stop automatically at red light when in auto-pilot. I attempted to test on quiet, low speed road, but it seemed ready to cruise right through red light. Any experiences out there of auto-stop for red?

What version has that in the release notes? It isn't 2020.4.x...

Do you have a picture of the release note?

Visualization of stop signs and traffic lights are working fine with this new release. Release notes indicate that car will now stop automatically at red light when in auto-pilot. I attempted to test on quiet, low speed road, but it seemed ready to cruise right through red light. Any experiences out there of auto-stop for red?
Are you sure it doesn't say that it will not stop the car?

Do you have a picture of the release note?
IMG_5427.jpg

This is from release notes. I see I was mistaken about auto-stopping -- but in testing -- I did not receive any warnings when i came really close to running red. I braked at last possible moment. I did not actually run a red light. That would be illegal of course

Last edited:
I tried an undocumented voice command on 2020.4.1 and it works.

Say "Turn on steering wheel heat". It will respond with what you said but there also is a message below that says it does not work. Actually it will turn on and off by saying turn on and turn off. Ignore the message that says it does not work.

• Informative
Reactions: jlv1 and Hood7
haven’t seen this mentioned yet. Maybe it’s just mine.
I keep my Nav volume muted since I don’t like to listen to it. twice now I’ve began a drive and gotten a text and used the wheel to select “view message “ and it plays my Nav instructions that just happen to be telling me of the next turn or road instructions. A bit of timing coincidence I’m sure but again if your Nav is actually in process of speaking it seems to take precedent. It’s tied together somehow obviously.

None of the contacts on my steering wheel has worked since I upgraded to 2020.4.1. This also means that the car horn does not work - and I cannot reboot the car either. I powered down the car from the menu and restarted but that did not fix it. Has anybody else experienced this and/or have suggestions for overcoming it? I have made a service appointment but the earliest one is almost three weeks out.

The thumb wheels , like all other contact on the the steering wheel, do not work, so I cannot do that.
Have you tried shutting down the car. This is thru the MCU, in the menu safety.
Note that when you do so, wait like 5 minutes without touching anything as this will restart the car before all systems are really shutdown.
So don’t open the door or put foot on brake.

Have you tried shutting down the car. This is thru the MCU, in the menu safety.
Note that when you do so, wait like 5 minutes without touching anything as this will restart the car before all systems are really shutdown.
So don’t open the door or put foot on brake.

Yes, I tried that, but it did not fix the problem with the steering wheel contacts.