Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.4 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloading it now. I'm having Sentry Issues as well. I cannot format my (now 2nd) 128 GB USB drive and exFAT format doesn't help either.

Right now I have no Sentry Mode. I'm hoping the update helps. What are your Sentry Mode issues, CaliX?

Almost the same as you but I have a Samsung T7 that is not recognized by the Sentry Mode. I works for a few minutes but then I get an error message. It’s not my drive because I have tried what you are using and a Micro SD with adaptor so I it’s a software issue that needs to addressed and I hope this is it.

Reactions: Spacep0d
Almost the same as you but I have a Samsung T7 that is not recognized by the Sentry Mode. I works for a few minutes but then I get an error message. It’s not my drive because I have tried what you are using and a Micro SD with adaptor so I it’s a software issue that needs to addressed and I hope this is it.

Yep, sounds very similar indeed. Let's hope this software has a bug fix for it.

I had a brand new virgin SSD to use. Was not recognized. Attached the drive to my Winders 10 PC, formatted the drive to NTFS and ran a drive check. No problems. So I reformatted the drive to XFAT, saved a short .txt test file, all good. Reinstalled drive in Model 3, the drive was immediately recognized, formatted, and Sentry mode works well now.
Maybe the system can't recognize a nekkid drive...

Reactions: GeezerSquid
From a recent update (prior to 2020.40.4) I noticed that adjusting the speed during Auto speed happened rather abruptly. Previously, when adjusting the speed using the scroll wheel, it adjusted your actual speed smoothly.

Did anyone else notice this, and if so has 2020.40.4 fixed this?

From a recent update (prior to 2020.40.4) I noticed that adjusting the speed during Auto speed happened rather abruptly. Previously, when adjusting the speed using the scroll wheel, it adjusted your actual speed smoothly.
Kind of a long shot, but you're not talking about the difference between fast and slow scrolling, are you? Because it's meant to give you two adjustment options: 1 mph at a time with slow scrolling or 5 mph with fast.