Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 M3 LR 322 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noted the same thing... I have my charge level set to show miles, and if I use the mobile app to drag the charge level selector all the way to full it only shows 310 miles. this is also in a 2020 LR AWD with 18" aero wheels. I verified that the wheels are configured correctly in the car too.

There are multiple threads on this topic (probably can search for range or 322).

No 2020 with the LR battery is showing this yet. However, it appears that changes may be in progress based on other observations. We’ll see. Remember that the displayed number does not matter at all in isolation - it is the available energy that matters, and the efficiency of your vehicle. The rated miles and energy are related, but there is a constant that relates them. You have to know what the constant is for the rated miles to be helpful. (E.g. the 2020 3P+ has 17% more miles than the 2020 SR+ but has 46% more available energy! This means that at 80-85mph freeway speeds (think range!) it will likely travel closer to 46% further (though not quite due to AWD) than an SR+, not 17% further. This is why energy is really important - when aero losses and HVAC use dominate, your energy determines your true range, much more so than the rated miles.)

If you want, take a picture of the Energy Consumption screen in your car and include Projected Range, Recent Efficiency, and Remaining Rated Miles (not %). Have to have three digits for each number. That will let us know what your constant is (245Wh/rmi or 248Wh/rmi is the question...).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA