Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model S radar detector mirror tap - switched power

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Yes, we sourced those parts and installed the first Blackvue's in 2014. I had them on me 2013 and on my 2017.

Took a while to id everything as there was no help from Tesla. Lots of people were using a 4 pin doggle that connected for power to a computer fan, but it didn't secure/fit properly.

A little history for you. This connector has nothing to do with TeslaCam mode.. The connector is for an an intrusion detection device that was required available in EU, then made available in the U.S. Sentry is watching the outside of the car. Intrusion Detection was when movement inside the car was triggered. Even so far as breaking glass and motion created when someone got in, stuck their hand in and started grabbing stuff.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC