Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the thinnest gauge wires from Mirrortap MTX-1015. Once I got the wires lined up in the proper spot they went in pretty easy.
Awesome, thanks!

Two follow up questions....

1) Is this (green/black wire) a switched source or you letting your detector auto-shutoff take care of the ON/OFF?

2) Is the 15" kit MXT-1015 ideal or would you go shorter (10") or longer (20") now that you've installed?

Amazon Link: https://a.co/d/8qICOZo

Awesome, thanks!

Two follow up questions....

1) Is this (green/black wire) a switched source or you letting your detector auto-shutoff take care of the ON/OFF?

2) Is the 15" kit MXT-1015 ideal or would you go shorter (10") or longer (20") now that you've installed?

Amazon Link: https://a.co/d/8qICOZo
1. The detector does automatically shutoff with the car
2. I tried the 10in and it was too short. 15in is perfect. The small excess can be pushed back into the mirror housing. It’s very clean looking.

1. The detector does automatically shutoff with the car
2. I tried the 10in and it was too short. 15in is perfect. The small excess can be pushed back into the mirror housing. It’s very clean looking.
Worked out perfect with the 15” WireTap, my Model 3 BlendMount and my Uniden R7. ✅

Just completed my install… these pics should help others attempting it. 👀

Use a T10 driver to remove the module the white clip (with the green & black wire) is attached to and you’ll be able to manipulate it in a better angle to plug in the WireTaps.

IMG_0216.jpeg

I zip tied the WireTap lead in two spots to secure it, tested multiple times before reinstalling it all. You just need to press the brake pedal to turn the mirror power on to test. No need to actually put it in drive/reverse.

After a drive when the Easy entry cycles or once you put it in park and the driver door closes the power will shut down. Perfect! 😎

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpeg
    IMG_0218.jpeg
    667.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    583.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0219.jpeg
    IMG_0219.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0220.jpeg
    IMG_0220.jpeg