Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MX with Free Supercharge for Life

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day everyone! I bought a MX 2020 with 5k from a private dealer. I’ve never used the Tesla app because I was afraid in lose the supercharge! Now the car has 15k and I need to schedule a service, does anyone knows if I put the car in my profile in the app I’ll be losing the free supercharge?
Thank you!

Oh, interesting. I missed that they had brought that back for a period of time in 2019. In more recent times, those were usually only for first owner. I haven't seen the exact wording of that, so yeah, it probably will not apply to a second owner if it is a used car.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Vehicles from as new as 2020 never had free Supercharging for life, so there's nothing you could potentially lose.

… not exactly the case. Our June 2020 X LR+ has free Supercharging as well. It was a very limited time promotion, and at the time only applied to inventory vehicles. Over 10k miles of road tripping and trailer towing less than a year later and I’m supremely pleased ….

Reactions: Rocky_H
These post-2017 instances of free supercharging are for the duration of initial ownership, not for the life of the vehicle. It’s a different build / option code. OP, in your case the dealer should have not have advertised / sold the car as having ‘free supercharging’. At some point, most likely, Tesla will conduct an audit an you’ll lose it.