Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo Gets EPA Range Rating Of Just 201 Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a porsche fan, have owned many and still have one, but this is embarrassing. I bet a lot of people cancel their orders.

I can't imagine the range hit in the cold winter driving 75mph+. I bet the dealers are cringing as well. Imagine explaining to their customer that just dropped $200K+ that they should think of heat as optional in the winter if they have a 60-75 mile commute each way, a commute distance that is not uncommon on the east coast and in many other areas. And, with porsche's complete lack of charging network its all but rules out road trips.

Tesla should release the roadster ASAP, it will cost the same, have better performance and at a minimum double, up to triple, the range. That will make a statement and be an embarrassment to porsche.

So many of the "experts" keep talking about the competition, but this just proves there still isn't any.

so 200 miles range.
Knock off 20% for cold weather
=> 160 miles
Charge to 90%
=>144 miles
Dont run below 30 miles (so you can find a charger if needed)
=>114 miles

anything much over a 50 mile trip each way and you're into range anxiety
this is exactly why you need 300+ miles rated range.

Tesla seem to have moved the goalposts while Porsche were absolutely not benchmarking that P90D.

Still it is their 1st gen, at $180K the depreciation cost will be horrible, but their next effort will be better no doubt.

or more succinctly - it wont overheat because it's batteries wont last long enough for it to get hot !

Reactions: SilverGS
It’s disappointing. I won’t be buying one and will be looking to get my deposit back.

was hanging on for the Taycan, having had a less than stellar experince with Tesla historically, but majorly disappointed so have just picked up a lightly used inventory P100D last week for less than half the price and the balance can stay in the bank for another day.

I guess if you want to own a Porsche and have sit around looking nice or do short daily trips, well it a Porsche after all. Maybe they figure it will be a second weekend car for people. Hard to see this on the Autobaun...maybe that YT video where the Taycan had to exit to refuel was a hint?