Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.12.25.7 available after reboot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Schulz1983

Model Y LR AWD: Matte PPF, Vossen HF-1
May 14, 2021
High Ridge MO
Random thing happened tonight. I kept accessing my app and it would stay stuck on “waking up”. Decided to reboot the car and now the software update is available. I’ve been looking for this update for several days. Has anyone else had this happen?

What, specifically, are you waiting for with this particular update? Note that this is not the one that is rumored to have "all the extra stuff" in it, which is 2021.24."something".

Im just curious whats special in this specific update.

Random thing happened tonight. I kept accessing my app and it would stay stuck on “waking up”. Decided to reboot the car and now the software update is available. I’ve been looking for this update for several days. Has anyone else had this happen?

Of course I went to the garage and rebooted the car 😂

No update for me (June 21 build - vision only).

Mine hit today.. also a friend in Denver recieved the same thing. I don think the reboot did anything in particular.. I just think there was a big push for this particular release this evening. I noticed mine downloading (green arrow pointing down) on the home screen as soon as I pulled into the garage today.. around 6pm EST.

Reactions: ucsdsig
I am happy to report for myself autopilot is not hassling me as much to torque the wheel. Usually it asks me a billion times on the way to work. Today it asked one time to apply pressure. That hasn’t happened since I bought it. I’m not sure if that is part of the update, but I will see in the coming days if this becomes normal.

@Schulz1983 FYI for the next time you're stuck waking up, try rebooting your phone first. That seems to have resolved it the one time it was happening to me so far.

25.7 includes the cabin camera monitoring. So maybe they've adjusted it to nag alot less, as long as you are paying attention when driving.
How can you tell that this was part of the update? When I look at the notes it just states random updates and improvements. This drives me crazy that they cannot simply tell us what was updated, you know like when I get a computer update it states what is being improved.

How can you tell that this was part of the update? When I look at the notes it just states random updates and improvements. This drives me crazy that they cannot simply tell us what was updated, you know like when I get a computer update it states what is being improved.
The internal camera situation didn’t change on my MY (March/21) when I got this update. The only thing it changed was adding the new game and a slight overhaul of the phone/message app.

Cabin Camera Updates
Model 3

Model Y
Cabin Camera

Vision Only
Available only in certain regions

Cabin Camera Updates

The cabin camera above your rearview mirror can now detect and alert driver inattentiveness while Autopilot is engaged. Camera data does not leave the car itself, which means the system cannot save or transmit information unless data shared is enabled. To change your data settings, tap Controls > Safety & Security > Data Sharing on your car's touchscreen.

Reactions: Gy2020