Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice tapping on the album art no longer cycles thru the 3 modes of media display (small,mid, full)? I tapped and tapped. It just stared back at me like I was an idiot. Now I have to swipe to change. I don’t know if this is a new “feature”, but I consider it a setback. I don’t like the dexterity required for swiping while driving…. I even tried a reboot, just in case

Reactions: Stu Redman
Anyone else notice tapping on the album art no longer cycles thru the 3 modes of media display (small,mid, full)? I tapped and tapped. It just stared back at me like I was an idiot. Now I have to swipe to change. I don’t know if this is a new “feature”, but I consider it a setback. I don’t like the dexterity required for swiping while driving…. I even tried a reboot, just in case
To answer myself....a little google-fu yielded confirmation on reddit that it's broken now.

• Informative
Reactions: techlogik
To answer myself....a little google-fu yielded confirmation on reddit that it's broken now.
It looks like a design change- you can still swipe it vs. tap it and it will move up/down the positions. You can also swipe up/down the Music icon itself to again adjust the size up and down. I'm mixed, I got used to the single-tap too. But there were also many times when I was reaching to adjust something and hit a bump or something and I'd tap the thing up vs. hitting what I was trying to select... so that won't happen anymore, which is nice :p

It looks like a design change- you can still swipe it vs. tap it and it will move up/down the positions. You can also swipe up/down the Music icon itself to again adjust the size up and down. I'm mixed, I got used to the single-tap too. But there were also many times when I was reaching to adjust something and hit a bump or something and I'd tap the thing up vs. hitting what I was trying to select... so that won't happen anymore, which is nice :p
I agree that it might be a design change. I'm just not a fan. I used the tap every.single.drive. That was me and I'll adjust, but not a fan of "swipe" on the big screen, especially while driving. Just more smudges to clean off the screen too :(

Bug with this .7 firmware:

I was on wifi and listening to Spotify. I launched the Youtube theater app and Spotify didn't cut out automatically like usual. When Youtube launched and I was thinking it'd mix the audio from both Spotify and Youtube, but it only had music from Spotify. I couldn't use the left thumb button to mute audio so something was broken.

I exited Youtube and was able to mute Spotify with the left thumb button. Spotify seemed a bit flaky and music was got distorted. I disconnected from wifi, launched Youtube, and things were fine.

This has never happened previously on any other firmware and was the first time on .7.

The annoying part for me is that I can't tap on the music icon to bring the menu up (lower, half way, or full screen), nor can I double click to minimize it. All I can do is drag it up or down which is slower and more annoying.

Anybody else seeing this?