Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering about that as well. It has happened before that they have needed to get a version of the phone app out before the dependent car release is ready.
I guess in this case they needed the safety score functionality sooner than expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah no one is on 2021.36; that I can find anywhere.

This could be the beta button first rollout or maybe 10.2 limited beta. But then they maybe be merged at that point.

It’s curious that those features are already in the current app notes. Why do it now? Likewise they don’t seem to be features that couldn’t be done with 2021.32.22 or 2021.32.23 release for example.

Yeah no one is on 2021.36; that I can find anywhere.

This could be the beta button first rollout or maybe 10.2 limited beta. But then they maybe be merged at that point.

It’s curious that those features are already in the current app notes. Why do it now? Likewise they don’t seem to be features that couldn’t be done with 2021.32.22 or 2021.32.23 release for example.
The release notes for the 4.1.x phone app mentioned a couple of features that require 2021.36+

I still don’t see these two features in my app despite being on 2021.32.22 (which has FSD beta).

67354D16-5175-4118-B678-7324174338E4.jpeg

The release notes for the 4.1.x phone app mentioned a couple of features that require 2021.36+

I still don’t see these two features in my app despite being on 2021.32.22 (which has FSD beta).

View attachment 715792

Yes, you're car is on 2021.32.22 like many; but the app notes state you need to be on 2021.36.xx (over above) which no one has right now to see those features in the app.

My prior comment's were it's odd to release the app with these notes when no one is even close to a car version to even use them. IE we're on 2021.32.xx but they refer to much higher 2021.36.xx version.

The comment about the version is there so they can release the new mobile app version now instead of waiting for the cars to update. The alternative would have held up the mobile app release, possibly preventing other features and bug fixes from being released. It is there to help users understand that this isn't available until the car gets the update. Seems fair to me.

Reactions: Rice&Curry
My guess is that 4.1.x mainly introduced Safety Score to while 2021.32.22 only introduced the ability to request FSD beta (and consent to be tracked for Safety Score calcs), but then 2021.36.x will actually include the FSD beta itself and will be available for those who scored high on safety.

It just kind of sucks for those of us excited about the app capabilities to remotely setup charging options and turn on bioweapon defense mode, but we can’t use them yet..

My guess is that 4.1.x mainly introduced Safety Score to while 2021.32.22 only introduced the ability to request FSD beta (and consent to be tracked for Safety Score calcs), but then 2021.36.x will actually include the FSD beta itself and will be available for those who scored high on safety.

It just kind of sucks for those of us excited about the app capabilities to remotely setup charging options and turn on bioweapon defense mode, but we can’t use them yet..

Elon said an update with waypoints and other features was coming in a few weeks. I think .36 will just be a normal upgrade but with additional new features like the stuff in the app. FSD beta can be any version, but if regular people are on 36.01, FSD beta might be 36.02

don't be - 24.11 drives way better on AP than 32.22 does ;)
My car went from 24.11 -> 24.12 -> 32.22
Apart from the button, I'd rather be back on 24.11/12
I agree, updated from 4.21.3 to 32.21 and AP acceleration is now too aggressive and it pulls to the left too much. The moment I engage AP it pulls me to the left even if I’m already in the center of the lane.

4.21.3 AP was so smooth.