Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

2021.4.11 downloading

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
does not make any sense;

Welcome to the world of Tesla update numbering.

I think in those cases feature was already there before but only disabled for users;
so they could have just enabled it along with some bugfix

What is your point? If a major feature is contained, but not enabled, in 2021.4.10, and then it is enabled in 2021.4.11 they still released a major feature in a minor point release.

Reactions: JBT66

mtndrew1

May 12, 2015
Gardena, CA
hey guys if u see only last number change its a minor bugfixes and not worth posting here
for example:
2021.4.11 vs 2021.4.12 means bugfixes/patch
2021.4.00 vs 2021.5.00 means minor changes / new features

(updated per MP3Mike comment)

As others have said this is not the case. 2018.10.4 (if memory serves), for example, was a complete rewrite of most of the autopilot software using Karpathy’s “software 2.0” and the improvements in performance were remarkable.

I don’t recall if there were any user-facing tweaks in that one but I remember the difference between that and the previous dot dot release being significant at the time. Of course now it would look hilariously clunky but in those days autopilot couldn’t handle a hill crest without veering all over the place.

Going from 2020.48.35.5...6.98.46.8 to 2021.4.11.
And the result is........

image.jpg

o_O

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC