Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.11 downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you say full regen, you mean the "power bar" did not show any dots on the left side? That in itself doesn't mean full regen is available, but it should mean most of it. The power bar is an approximate presentation. I'll have a look with ScanMyTesla as soon as I can, now that I got this update too...

EDIT: no one is "stuck" on a version. Updates are sent in some order that Tesla defines. I have been "left" on 2020.48 until yesterday night, whereas others received intermediate 2021.4.x versions. Don't fret it, you get it when Tesla decides so.

When you say full regen, you mean the "power bar" did not show any dots on the left side? That in itself doesn't mean full regen is available, but it should mean most of it. The power bar is an approximate presentation. I'll have a look with ScanMyTesla as soon as I can, now that I got this update too...

EDIT: no one is "stuck" on a version. Updates are sent in some order that Tesla defines. I have been "left" on 2020.48 until yesterday night, whereas others received intermediate 2021.4.x versions. Don't fret it, you get it when Tesla decides so.

The power bar did not show any dots on the left side indeed. But it did show a snow flake next to the battery icon. Before the update the bar would be around 25% filled from cold start. I saw the same behavior multiple times today with a few hours in between driving. They definitely changed something.

BTW: full bar does mean full regen available. And that is also what I feel while driving.

I can tell you by experience that max regen on my car (from ScanMyTesla) is 85kW. I have seen my power bar full (no dots) while SMT still showed ~65kW of max regen. Thus, I state that the bar having no dots does NOT equate having full regen. To a human it feels full but it's not.
In a similar way, my maximum power output fluctuates with the powerbar showing no dots on the right side... just for reference...

• Informative
Reactions: Koifim
It might be placebo but I felt the difference at the first stop sign as it was stronger. I think that's what triggered me to check. It may not be max but its definitely more regen than before the update and today was a cold day.

I haven't driven enough today to tell if there's a difference in regen. I don't have a full set of comparison datapoints either. What I can say is that the max regen value is not just a direct relation to battery temperature. When I go down a hill and thus use regen, the max regen value drops all along. When I stop regenning, it slowly goes up. If I accelerate fairly hard, it goes up quicker. All that while the battery stays the same temperature. The battery temp seems to help fix a global maximum value but the actual current limit varies based on how you drive.
Even at 45-50kW of max regen, it feels powerful especially if you're only driving say 60km/h. I don't even think it's possible to get 85kW at that speed... Maybe that's why it feels full.
In my drive today the battery went from 13C to 17.5C, and max regen was between ~35kW and ~60kW. Even at the end, I still had a few dots (maybe 4-5?) on the left side. I cannot say if this is better than before, it doesn't feel different enough for me to pick it up.
Oh, and clearly I did NOT have the slowflake at all, even at the beginning. I have a 2020 Dual Motor, in case 2021 is different :)
EDIT: some people say max regen depends on your SOC too. Sure, at 100% you can't get it all but as soon as you'Re a few percent lower, it doesn't seem to affect my LR. I started today's drive at 89% and finished at 78%, in case that's of interest to someone.

I downloaded this version the other day. I went to get a coffee the next day and was backing out of my garage and the backup camera had no picture, no music because it said there was no connectivity and the screen went totally black a half block away from my house. Lol
I decided to risk it and continue on my coffee run and rebooted the car while I was getting my coffee. Problem solved. All seems good now.

I downloaded this version the other day. I went to get a coffee the next day and was backing out of my garage and the backup camera had no picture, no music because it said there was no connectivity and the screen went totally black a half block away from my house. Lol
I decided to risk it and continue on my coffee run and rebooted the car while I was getting my coffee. Problem solved. All seems good now.
I have had similar glitches with previous updates. Now I'm just in the habit of rebooting the car after every update.

Just popped up... assuming it’s more bugs. Will let you guys know if I find anything good.
Just went out for a short drive and found the bettery had charged to 100%, presumably after the update. I haven't been on any long trips for several months and the charge limit had not been changed from 75% for ages (UK lockdown means I cannot go anywhere). Annoying to find that the car has been sitting on the drive for 2 days fully charged. Has anyone else seen this happen?