Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
I was surprised to see 2021.4.12 downloaded to my M3P this morning, since I didn’t see it on the sites I usually track (Teslafi, teslascope, notateslaapp, etc.) and it’s been a long time - as in, years - since I was the first to get any new update (I usually get them a few days after first discovery).

So if you’re subscribed to Teslafi updates and received an email stating “Software version 2021.4.12 was just detected on a Model 3 Performance in California”, that’s me!

Anyway, the only thing besides the typical bug fixes are “cold weather improvements”, whatever that is. No sight of any “Download FSD Beta” button, sadly.

IMG_7982.jpeg

Last edited:
What is "The Button"?
Elon mentioned in a Tweet that those who want to join the FSD Beta (like you’ve seen on YouTube) testing will be able to download the Beta via a “button” on the screen. This is because he’s a doofus and just tweets things and the customer service side of the house didn’t know ahead of time and they got SLAMMED by requests of how to join the Beta.

So, there’s going to be an update release and it’ll have a button you press and you will be able to then download the FSD Beta and let the car do city streets driving on its own.

Elon mentioned in a Tweet that those who want to join the FSD Beta (like you’ve seen on YouTube) testing will be able to download the Beta via a “button” on the screen. This is because he’s a doofus and just tweets things and the customer service side of the house didn’t know ahead of time and they got SLAMMED by requests of how to join the Beta.

So, there’s going to be an update release and it’ll have a button you press and you will be able to then download the FSD Beta and let the car do city streets driving on its own.
Allegedly.

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz