Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why?

Once I tap the call for a spray of wiper fluid, that action displays the manual wiper control card for the obligatory time period, then the wiper card goes away…and my odometer card should come back on its own.

Edit: clarity
Why should it? Has it ever come back on it’s own before? Or are you saying it should because that’s the way you want it? It’s only a bug if it’s behaving in a way it hasn’t before.

Reactions: AlexHung
Why should it? Has it ever come back on it’s own before? Or are you saying it should because that’s the way you want it? It’s only a bug if it’s behaving in a way it hasn’t before.
The odometer card always comes back on its own if I tap the wiper button to produce one sweep of the wipers (but it took about two years to finally get to this point).

The odometer card still does not come back on its own if I fully push the wiper button to call for a spray of washer fluid.

Often, the odometer card will come back on its own after a text or telephone call, but every so often it doesn’t.

IMO, if the owner/operator has the odometer card showing prior to any other owner/operator action, the odometer card should automatically show after any washer/wiper/texting/telephone activities have ended.

IMO, not doing so is a bug.

The odometer card always comes back on its own if I tap the wiper button to produce one sweep of the wipers (but it took about two years to finally get to this point).

The odometer card still does not come back on its own if I fully push the wiper button to call for a spray of washer fluid.

Often, the odometer card will come back on its own after a text or telephone call, but every so often it doesn’t.

IMO, if the owner/operator has the odometer card showing prior to any other owner/operator action, the odometer card should automatically show after any washer/wiper/texting/telephone activities have ended.

IMO, not doing so is a bug.
Well I hope they fix it for you. The upside of Teslas is their software changes overtime. That can also be the downside for some people.

Installed that 2021.44.5 and drove a few hours today.
One thing I noticed is that now my browser does not provide gps location anymore to the web page. This means Tesla Waze won’t load and actually sometimes mention this problem (no location available). Other web sites like Google maps or weather sites, leveraging location, do not provide use of location, if you get what I mean.
I already rebooted once, but no improvement.

Anyone else?

It doesn’t solve the issue of no trunk lighting if the car is sound asleep and I open the trunk via the latch over the license plate.

Since I like to drive with my trip odometer card always showing, I wonder if it will fix the bug where every use of the washer fluid results in the odometer card disappearing.

Bug or no bug, am I the only one who finds the wiper card on the touchscreen annoying when hitting the wiper button on the stalk to single-swipe or dispense fluid? I'm one of those quirky people who likes to single-swipe randomly and not use the intermittent mode all the time. If I want to use one of the 4 modes I'll just tap the darn wiper icon on the screen controls when I want! LOL :p

2021 Model Y still stuck on 2021.36.5.5 and useless support says it’s on the latest software 😅😅

The surprising/confusing situation is Tesla is always testing multiple release lines in the field and rolling them out over many weeks in case there are big problems. So we're all beta testers and can easily be on the "latest" software within whatever release line they currently have us on.

The surprising/confusing situation is Tesla is always testing multiple release lines in the field and rolling them out over many weeks in case there are big problems. So we're all beta testers and can easily be on the "latest" software within whatever release line they currently have us on.
A brand new car to be lagging behind on features and ~15 weeks of different releases though? Seems a bit annoying. Also makes me feel weird trying to make up excuses to my woman about why everyone else’s cars including mine have Live Sentry (which came out at least 3-4 builds ago) and she doesn’t, after I recommended the car and hyped up how you get new features with OTA updates. Even worse is when we go somewhere and when I park, I get a notification that I have an update available in my car 😅

Reactions: Transformer
Just installed 44.6 on MY vision only
Charge bar still gray 🙂

5AFE501B-8BC0-4CA7-9C2E-69A42895C38D.jpeg
image.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: israndy