Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 heated steering wheel Discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I’m new here and I just took delivery of my M3 SR+ DBM this weekend on the 20th. I’m posting to help out with this heated steering wheel mystery for the SR+ model 3. Like all of you I’m excited for the feature! My M3 does NOT show an option to turn on heated steering in the climate menu or in the phone app. (See below). I also purchased the upgrade for rear heated seats thinking maybe it would be unlocked with that no dice. That said, it’s still a possibility the SR+ Has the hardware and Tesla may enable it later in a future update or a paid upgrade.

Attachments

• 439176CE-F84E-4A3B-BA45-19B79CAB6A84.jpeg
    439176CE-F84E-4A3B-BA45-19B79CAB6A84.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 34BE95E4-FC2C-48DB-A627-81AF9BF01818.png
    34BE95E4-FC2C-48DB-A627-81AF9BF01818.png
    889 KB · Views: 149
  • 9862FB15-E350-4984-B1C4-3A1A0D273699.jpeg
    9862FB15-E350-4984-B1C4-3A1A0D273699.jpeg
    804.1 KB · Views: 170
Social media and people handwringing about it (like people are doing now in this forum ironically) does it all for them.
So you think keeping owners confused and in the dark enhances Tesla's image? I beg to differ, and find that childish and immature.
Take your customers' need for solid information about their $60k car seriously, for heaven's sake.

Hey all! I’m new here and I just took delivery of my M3 SR+ DBM this weekend on the 20th. I’m posting to help out with this heated steering wheel mystery for the SR+ model 3. Like all of you I’m excited for the feature! My M3 does NOT show an option to turn on heated steering in the climate menu or in the phone app. (See below). I also purchased the upgrade for rear heated seats thinking maybe it would be unlocked with that no dice. That said, it’s still a possibility the SR+ Has the hardware and Tesla may enable it later in a future update or a paid upgrade.
Thanks for the update.
The mystery deepens! Hopefully your wheel gets lit up in a future update!

Are you also stuck on that factory 2020.47.102 firmware? That seems to be the theme for new 3s with heated wheel.

So you think keeping owners confused and in the dark enhances Tesla's image? I beg to differ, and find that childish and immature.
Take your customers' need for solid information about their $60k car seriously, for heaven's sake.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that social media and posts like this forum is enough to tell people that the feature exists in some cars. They don't need to explicitly point it out, nor do they need to release a VIN checking tool to do so.

Technically, they never promised anyone that the car had a heated wheel, it's completely a bonus.

So we are back to the same puzzling fact:
A feature that many drivers would very much appreciate during one of the coldest winters on record is not activated by Tesla, or it does not even exist. Why does the company not clear this up, once and for all?

Agreed! But, that being said. Dærik on YT has a June Model Y, installed the pedestrian speaker, and Tesla turned it on for him. Can this be done for the Model 3 as well? Perhaps?
I got to hear my first live boombox/pedestrian warning today. Nice weather, so I walked to USPS. As I was about to leave, I noticed a lady had just parked her brand spanking new gray '21 MY. From inside the lobby, with the glass doors closed, I heard this awful noise and it continued as I exited the building. I realized she was trying to figure out how to put the Y in Park. Finally, she did and the noise stopped. Tesla has gotta get rid of this bad law! Boom box is likely ok, but I'm glad I don't have that awful pedestrian warning racket emanating from my Y.