Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 heated steering wheel Discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a few tries... Finally got the stupid blinker... Sorry to disappoint, but it's RED.
Red_blinker.JPG

Reactions: TBrownTX
I want the old firmware! The visualization was much better. Look on some videos and compare before you update...

2 week old car, same wheel, except SR+. (Have to look up the VIN).. might upgrade the rear seats to heated and see what happens....except nothing says heated wheel.

edit: and we have a foot of snow, and it’s not flip flop weather.

Hi All. First post here. I got a M3 SR+ delivered in mid-Nov 2020 (built Nov 4). It is the 2021 version (no chrome and different centre console). Does anyone know if all 2021 vin M3's have the heated steering wheel (but just not enabled yet)? I'm in Western Canada and it does get cold at times (going down to -10c this week). Thanks

Reactions: thx1138
Hi All. First post here. I got a M3 SR+ delivered in mid-Nov 2020 (built Nov 4). It is the 2021 version (no chrome and different centre console). Does anyone know if all 2021 vin M3's have the heated steering wheel (but just not enabled yet)? I'm in Western Canada and it does get cold at times (going down to -10c this week). Thanks

No one knows. All we can say for sure is that any built after 808BOB’s (VIN 902xxx or greater) should have it.

Tim

No one knows. All we can say for sure is that any built after 808BOB’s (VIN 902xxx or greater) should have it.

Tim

From OP's screenshot, it looks like they aren't on any advanced firmware or anything, so I would think that anyone on the current firmware who doesn't already see the heated steering wheel probably just doesn't have the hardware. OPs photo shows firmware 10.2 (2020.47.101.1). I have a December 2020 build on firmware 10.2 (2020.48.35.5) which does not have the heated steering wheel, so I suspect I just don't have the hardware. Maybe OP's firmware is some sort of special/beta testing branch for that feature? Don't know.

All we can say for sure is that any built after 808BOB’s (VIN 902xxx or greater) should have it.Tim
So not all 2021s. Mine is 86025x, and doesn't even have the new headlights (which I'm glad). But it has the chunky steering wheel with no leather anymore, so thought maybe it did :). No biggie for us, since it's not really needed once you pre-condition the cabin (if needed).

From OP's screenshot, it looks like they aren't on any advanced firmware or anything, so I would think that anyone on the current firmware who doesn't already see the heated steering wheel probably just doesn't have the hardware. OPs photo shows firmware 10.2 (2020.47.101.1). I have a December 2020 build on firmware 10.2 (2020.48.35.5) which does not have the heated steering wheel, so I suspect I just don't have the hardware. Maybe OP's firmware is some sort of special/beta testing branch for that feature? Don't know.

the Y with heated wheel is also stuck on old firmware. we’re in wait and see period

Reactions: TBrownTX
2020.47.101.1 is a software that appears to be on vehicles with the heated steering wheel shipped from the factory only. I YT vid from a month ago showed something similar. Ill try to find it and edit this and add it when I can.

I picked up my 2021 Model 3 LR 12/18. Build date of 12/3. Fingers crossed its an update for us 2021s!