Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Holiday Firmware Release - Predictions and Impressions (after release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: Needsdecaf
Seriously? Does this Holiday update not fix the UI problems introduced by the last Holiday update?

Has anyone ever asked for more games? All we ever wanted was readable fonts and a reasonable cartoon/map ratio.
kind of funny - maybe I'm the last guy here in this situation, but I'm still PRE xmas 2020 update. ie, my battery is still green, fonts are still as-shipped from a 2019 car, fsd animations did not take over, etc.

been waiting for a reason to upgrade. I see there still isn't any.

when I bought my car, I looked forward to updates and took them, mostly gladly. now, I leave it on 'dont bother me' mode and check here to see if they finally did anything worth taking that big one-way upgrade trip for.

nope. still not worth giving up the stability, fwiw, that I have now.

until they give an undo button, I'm not taking it.

Reactions: Needsdecaf
kind of funny - maybe I'm the last guy here in this situation, but I'm still PRE xmas 2020 update. ie, my battery is still green, fonts are still as-shipped from a 2019 car, fsd animations did not take over, etc.

been waiting for a reason to upgrade. I see there still isn't any.

when I bought my car, I looked forward to updates and took them, mostly gladly. now, I leave it on 'dont bother me' mode and check here to see if they finally did anything worth taking that big one-way upgrade trip for.

nope. still not worth giving up the stability, fwiw, that I have now.

until they give an undo button, I'm not taking it.
Same boat here. Still on the the last pre-holiday 2020 firmware. Withholding judgment on this update until I see a full walk-through, but not looking promising so far.

If I can add shortcut buttons to the bottom row for things like wipers, headlights, and glove box (you know, car stuff) I might install this even though it still has the (dumb) huge visualization. If the shortcuts are just for apps, looks like I will hold out another year on updates.
plus, I have no desire to enable cabin cameras and no fsd dreams here on the model 3 hardware.

I'm old school, but I know the current software on my car and I'll take the devil I know, vs the devil I dont know. as its often said ;)

Reactions: house9 and smogne41
Same boat here. Still on the the last pre-holiday 2020 firmware. Withholding judgment on this update until I see a full walk-through, but not looking promising so far.
I too am in that boat of pre-holiday 2020 firmware. For all the same reasons. Seems there are a few of us out here still holding out for sanity to come back. At this rate my Rivian R1S will arrive by the end of next year and I will "solve" my problem that way.

the autopilot icon got smaller...wtf

Seriously. Guess they didn't hear all the carping from 12 months ago about not making things SMALLER!

Reactions: Transformer
you know, it occurs to me, there already IS a kind of undo-button on installed versions.

right? some can install the new fsd beta and when they exit it, for whatever reason, they are off that track and on to the old mainline.

so there already IS a way to not be bound to a version and only 'go foward'.

I realize that the way its done now is probably not optimal, but there are ways to make this work if they wanted to.

people who are on the fence to make that one-way would perhaps give it a try if they KNEW they could revert.

I know that undoing things can be hard and sometimes you cant (some modules like gps and wifi take vendor flash and if the vendor does not allow it, that's it for that module; and other sw modules will depend on that - I get it - a whole tree). but for things that are not at the no-return phase (things that tesla fully controls) - they really should allow users to back out, at least the last installed version and revert to the preferred (even if old) version.