Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3 - Marks on Rear Passenger Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my M3 back at the start of December and noted marks on the Rear Passenger Seat. I took it to my local service centre the next day and they said the fault was caused by failed dyeing on the Vegan Leather and that they'd order in a new Seat Cover.

I received a call last week to bring it in, and was told that the replacement cover had arrived. I spent 3 hours waiting at the Service Centre today, to only be told that the replacement cover had never been ordered. And that the issue was being 'referred' to engineering. And that this was apparently a common issue on all 2021 M3's with White Seats, so they were looking for a more solid fix.

Had anyone had a similar issue, and/or have similar marks on their rear passenger seats from Delivery? And any suggestions on what to do next; as I've been told to wait until next Quarter for a 'Fix'.
Screenshot_1.jpg

My black interior had marks and creases on collection of the car. The service centre steamed the seats and was pretty much able to remove them 98%. There is a feint outline there. Annoying but at the end of the day they are going to pick up small creases with use anyway.

Have a look at Model 3 white seats/seat belt marks

Some of the pictures on here look similar to your problem and it’s an old thread.

I had quite a large, deep crease in one of my white seats and also quite a few smaller ones on all seats. I may have lived with the smaller ones if it wasn’t for the large one. I also had a similar experience of getting it fixed with parts so called being ordered but not fixing it and then nobody can tell me what the parts were which makes me wonder if any actually arrived or not.

I chased it up recently after hearing nothing since my last visit on the 11th December and after a two week wait after my email, I was also eventually told about delays caused by COVID, Brexit etc. More than four months after I first reported it, some parts have arrived, but not all of them.

Good luck in getting it fixed.

Not quite sure what I'm looking at there. Are those lines faint Biro-like marks, or creases or scratches?

I was told on delivery that they're 'error's for when the White seat cover was dyed. There's no texture change (except on the seams/ridges) I was

Have a look at Model 3 white seats/seat belt marks

Some of the pictures on here look similar to your problem and it’s an old thread.

I had quite a large, deep crease in one of my white seats and also quite a few smaller ones on all seats. I may have lived with the smaller ones if it wasn’t for the large one. I also had a similar experience of getting it fixed with parts so called being ordered but not fixing it and then nobody can tell me what the parts were which makes me wonder if any actually arrived or not.

I chased it up recently after hearing nothing since my last visit on the 11th December and after a two week wait after my email, I was also eventually told about delays caused by COVID, Brexit etc. More than four months after I first reported it, some parts have arrived, but not all of them.

Good luck in getting it fixed.

They do look very similar indeed. However they also go round the back of the Rear Headrest where the Seat-belt doesn't sit.

I was promised at delivery that I would be getting a seat-cover replacement for these marks. I additionally over the phone prior to booking my appointment was told that they had the seat-cover in stock and that they'd be replacing it.

I guess emailing CS would be the next step to getting this fixed. Should I go local on the email, or go for a more generic one.
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg

All those marks look like something's been resting on the seat, perhaps whilst the seats were in transit / storage waiting to be fitted.

The marks @Arran initially posted I'd find mildly annoying, but would quickly forget about and wouldn't bother with, as @Zakalwe said, life's too short to fuss about the small stuff.

It is hard to tell from photos without physically seeing them. For example the marks in @Arran post #8 look far worse than those in post #1, even though it's clear it's the same seat, just different lighting, meaning it's not always easy to judge how bad the marks look, nor make a judgement on whether I'd be content ignoring them

I have a feeling those marks are made by the grippers on the robotic arms that install the seats, perhaps dirt transfer, that gets pushed hard into the seat as a consequence of the force that the grippers impose on the seats. There are some videos online of the seat assembly process that sort of show the seats being gripped in that area, I think.

Curious to know how you got on with this. I had cause to look at my rear seats today, and bearing in mind no one has actually sat in the back of my car since me getting it last year (lockdowns, distancing, etc) I've never really needed to look at them really.

Moved my belts around today to be greeted with the below markings. They're all in places where the seatbelt touches the seat. I've tried cleaning then with a foaming cleaner but it made no difference, and I'm reluctant to try anything stronger.

Anyone else experienced this and have removed the marks?

Attachments

• IMG_4805.jpg
    IMG_4805.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4806.jpg
    IMG_4806.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4807.jpg
    IMG_4807.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4808.jpg
    IMG_4808.jpg