Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MIC delivery, FSD availability in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I collected my made-in-China blue M3 LR from Thorpe Park on Monday. I expected the software to be up to date, but I realised it was 2020-39 rather than the current version. I did a couple of hundred miles yesterday, however, and was using navigate on autopilot and traffic-light recognition without problems.

Yesterday I contacted Tesla and requested the software update which came through this morning. Now I find that navigate on autopilot and traffic light recognition (and possibly other features) are greyed out and "not available in the current area". I was previously under the impression that these features, even in beta, were on UK cars and I recollect seeing several videos where the features were used and described.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpeg
    IMG_0360.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 66
Not sure if it's the same message but after my software I got a message on those features about not available in the region.. I rebooted the computer and it worked. Not sure if the reboot fixed it or if the maps had to refresh with time.

I collected my made-in-China blue M3 LR from Thorpe Park on Monday. I expected the software to be up to date, but I realised it was 2020-39 rather than the current version. I did a couple of hundred miles yesterday, however, and was using navigate on autopilot and traffic-light recognition without problems.

Yesterday I contacted Tesla and requested the software update which came through this morning. Now I find that navigate on autopilot and traffic light recognition (and possibly other features) are greyed out and "not available in the current area". I was previously under the impression that these features, even in beta, were on UK cars and I recollect seeing several videos where the features were used and described.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Newly delivered cars never ever have the latest software update. Often they have a software version that is only specific to new build cars and not a "standard" update version. The over the air updates will catch up with your car after a few days. At the moment we have been going through a period where the software updates have been started and stopped for Teslas generally ... we presume due to bugs that needed to be rectified before a wider roll-out ... so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have a slightly longer delay. Do you have FSD I presume you do with the thread title? If not you will not have navigate on autopilot.