Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you very much for that :). I'm almost sure we used the handle, so I assume the window indexes normally when the 12V battery is fine. The button looks like the door lock button. Where do you lock the car from the inside when driving? Didn't see any buttons for that. Or is there a central locking button somewhere, a la BMW? Thx.

There is a lock icon on the top-left of the center screen. Tap it to lock/unlock, though the car will automatically lock the doors, I think when you put it in drive.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, disregard if it has:

I've been watching Bjorn Nyland's episodes with the 2021 AWD he's testing and he briefly mentioned that the aftermarket (and I assume the ones currently available from Tesla) sun shades don't fit the 2021. I took the sun shade from my 2018 and attempted to install it on my 2021 just to confirm to myself that Bjorn was indeed correct. It seems that the length is still the same dimension but the width of the in-cabin glass is narrower. Probably by about 3/8". It seems that if you really want to make it work you can probably get 3 clips in and make it stay in place but one side will be sagging. Only a problem if you have a really tall person on that side.

This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, disregard if it has:

I've been watching Bjorn Nyland's episodes with the 2021 AWD he's testing and he briefly mentioned that the aftermarket (and I assume the ones currently available from Tesla) sun shades don't fit the 2021. I took the sun shade from my 2018 and attempted to install it on my 2021 just to confirm to myself that Bjorn was indeed correct. It seems that the length is still the same dimension but the width of the in-cabin glass is narrower. Probably by about 3/8". It seems that if you really want to make it work you can probably get 3 clips in and make it stay in place but one side will be sagging. Only a problem if you have a really tall person on that side.

sunshade for the roof glass or windshield?

My Vin is 862xxx think it may have new headlights? Car was produced dec 13th at 11:57pm
Hey, how do you know your exact production date? Can you post the link to know? I was just given a VIN yesterday, but it's 86029x. What the heck? It might be a leftover old car. I want to find out when it was produced. Thank you.

It seems that if you really want to make it work you can probably get 3 clips in and make it stay in place but one side will be sagging.
No way I'd pay what Tesla is asking for a crappy fit. The question is if they'll make a proper set for 2021+ cars or not. Or hopefully the aftermarket.

The glass roof is reportedly narrower by 3/8" to 1/2", but nobody knows why. Maybe the entire car is narrower now, which would probably affect floor mats a little bit, like it affected the roof sunshields (they don't fit well anymore).
The glass itself is not narrower, but the headliner got chunkier. Probably happened when they switched to injection molded headliner rather than the compression molded fibre in the previous ones.

The glass itself is not narrower, but the headliner got chunkier. Probably happened when they switched to injection molded headliner rather than the compression molded fibre in the previous ones.
That sounds more logical. Easy to check if the glass is the same, by measuring both cars from the outside. Doubt Tesla changed anything on the structure, so my money is on your theory :). But that still leaves us with the need of a proper fitting set of sunshields. Thanks.