Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 model 3 Standard Range Plus - 990 or 980 Motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LFP model is 125kg heavier than the NCA variant, yet same 0-60? 🤔 performance motor sound about right.

There is no performance output difference between the two motors when using stock software, this has already been determined in the past.

The 0-60 time is not accurate on Tesla's website, it overestimates it. Many people can attain sub 5 second 0-60 times with the SR+, no matter which motor configuration is used.

Reactions: Buddr0
You guys think there’s a shot if one was to simply file a service complaint to Tesla saying they wanted a motor swap Tesla might swap a 990 for a 980? Lol

No. Not only would they not do it with a service complaint / request, they also likely wouldnt do it even if you offered to pay full price for the motor and the labor to install it. I am assuming this is a joke question, but if not, there is less than zero chance tesla would entertain this, even at full price payment.

No. Not only would they not do it with a service complaint / request, they also likely wouldnt do it even if you offered to pay full price for the motor and the labor to install it. I am assuming this is a joke question, but if not, there is less than zero chance tesla would entertain this, even at full price payment.
Lol yes I’m entirely kidding I know they’d never do it lol.

Reactions: jjrandorin