Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have long range running 36.8.6 (10.4 FSD beta). Over the past few days have noticed XM radio just disappears from sources section of audio. Also command to dial telephone number by number comes up with error saying, "command not understood." Fix for both is yoke two button reboot but with foot on brake. Two button yoke reboot doesn't resolve on its own.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Have long range running 36.8.6 (10.4 FSD beta). Over the past few days have noticed XM radio just disappears from sources section of audio. Also command to dial telephone number by number comes up with error saying, "command not understood." Fix for both is yoke two button reboot but with foot on brake. Two button yoke reboot doesn't resolve on its own.
Good to know that foot action is required. Two button did not restore my XM after it disappeared yesterday. Instead it came back on its own after a couple of stops. Still on 2021.36.5.1.

Have a long range that was delivered to me on 07/15. Noticed the dome lights won't turn on anymore when on auto. The setting is on auto and whenever a door is open or car is turned off/on the lights won't turn on unless I manually toggle it on the screen
Seems like there is a glitch they can't fix. I have noticed the same, after turning it to "on" or "off" then back to "Auto" it works for a day or 2 and then will stop working again. Same with Sentry it can switch to "off" itself without touching it.

Have a long range that was delivered to me on 07/15. Noticed the dome lights won't turn on anymore when on auto. The setting is on auto and whenever a door is open or car is turned off/on the lights won't turn on unless I manually toggle it on the screen
Sometimes mine don't turn on but then will turn on next time I get in the car. I curse EM but don't touch the settings - always on auto.

Reactions: MAHahh
I thought mine rattle in th rear was seat related. The SC had it for a day taking apart everything to find it, They found that it was the third brake light coming lose. It is held in by double sided tape (WTF?). So they ordered a new light and back window. The back window has to come out to replace the light and they broke the glass taking it out. Now - no rattle.

Jeeeeeeez. How did they even notice the brake light was loose?

Just was watching a video of a newly-delivered Plaid, and that rear door chrome/carbon fiber alignment makes me so envious! Mine is so off on both sides of the car it's hilarious!
IMG_7052.png

Right, but was it visually obvious when they looked at it that it was the culprit before removing/breaking the rear glass?

Probably not but I do mot for sure. They could not get to it without removing the glass. Knowing they would probably break it, they ordered in a new glass to change at the same time so I would not be without the car waiting.

Seems like there is a glitch they can't fix. I have noticed the same, after turning it to "on" or "off" then back to "Auto" it works for a day or 2 and then will stop working again. Same with Sentry it can switch to "off" itself without touching it.
Me too--since this is a recent development, I assume it will get addressed in one of the mysterious bug fix updates.