Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a long trip today and set charging to 100% on my 48A/11kW charger. Is it normal to taper off this much as it reaches 100%?
Your screenshot indicates a “ready to depart” time is set in your charging profile. In that case I would assume that the software is trickling down the charge, which marginally improves battery health relative to a faster charge, to meet your ready to depart deadline.

Your screenshot indicates a “ready to depart” time is set in your charging profile. In that case I would assume that the software is trickling down the charge, which marginally improves battery health relative to a faster charge, to meet your ready to depart deadline.
Cheers, and @jebinc. I’m scarred from my bad high voltage battery issues. This new pack is behaving way different (actually successfully charging to 100%) but you know… once bitten…

Cheers, and @jebinc. I’m scarred from my bad high voltage battery issues. This new pack is behaving way different (actually successfully charging to 100%) but you know… once bitten…
@WilliamG Completely understand. Ever time I get in my Plaid, all I think about is that damn vibration, even though it's not that bad. Just knowing it's there, and this $165,000 isn't perfect, is quite annoying....

Vibration update here. tl;dr Vibration returns.

Team: I plan to take the vibration matter to social media (Twitter), in attempts to get some influencers to shed light on this issue. Will post tweets here in hopes those afflicted with the same issue will like it reply/retweet. Should have something started by the end of the day. Thanks for your support!

Reactions: impastu
You ever worry that one day you’ll be driving down the road and then…

1C592A56-FA9B-47D4-BE17-F1BA8F05BE29.gif

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Have long range running 36.8.6 (10.4 FSD beta). Over the past few days have noticed XM radio just disappears from sources section of audio. Also command to dial telephone number by number comes up with error saying, "command not understood." Fix for both is yoke two button reboot but with foot on brake. Two button yoke reboot doesn't resolve on its own.
XM disappeared again. I did the foot and two yoke salute but did not appear to help. Maybe 5 minutes later I noticed the XM was back.

I've had a long-standing issue with my Plaid that's taken it out of service for the last ~3 weeks with no end in sight.

The screens simply fail to boot. The center screen is on (you can see the backlight) but nothing will get the car to respond. Still drives, unlocks, dome lights work, etc., but it's pretty unnerving / dangerous to drive with no screens. I have no idea how much battery I have. I have used my phone for speed & navigation more than once now.

Weirdest of all is that the mobile app "sort of" works. The car is listed as not responding in the app, but controls like trunk and frunk still work. This is helpful as I would otherwise have to jump the tow hook to open the frunk.

First time it happened, disconnecting the 12V cleared it up (disconnect high voltage loop, pull up green tab on 12v, slide harness to left, unplug). The second time it lasted for 5 days until I opened a Service case and a software update from 2021.32.x to 2021.36.x seemed to have cleared it up. But now it's been happening again for the last 3 days.

Worst of all of it is that I have a broken flagship car that had already spent 3 weeks in the shop for another computer issue. This is going on 6 weeks out of service since July with little end in sight. The car computer likely needs a replacement but the local service center can't seem to get one.

Insult to injury? No loaner, $100 Uber credit. Yeah, that'll compensate for my $130k car being out of service more than a quarter of the time I've owned it.