Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross posting for more vis - anyone else getting pebble accumulation inside the front bumper in the front part of the wheel wells? Traced it back to this gap in the wheel well, but unsure if it's just me that has this gap or if others do too. Both sides looks identical:
View attachment 734439
FWIW my gaps are nowhere near as big--the liner is up pretty tight the to body panel

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Crazy thing with driver side back passenger door. I parked the car and the back door literally popped open! WTF?!

Then went home and while leaving work parking lot I hear a really loud motor whining noise. I look in side mirror, back drive side door handle was not shutting, the other three were fine.

I park the car, back door popped open again. So I jiggled the handle. Got back in and it’s ok for now. So crazy. If it happens again I’m taking it right it.

Pop the 12V?
Worked the first time, not since. Just starts up with a blank screen. Pretty disappointing.

Since the mirrors are folded in (geofencing at my garage) I can't even drive it legally anywhere now, even with the screens off, as they won't fold out. What a joke.

You buy Tesla's literal most expensive car and they give you zero in return when it breaks within mere months! No compensation, no loaner, no expediency. I don't know, but I have a feeling the Hyundai dealership would treat me better...

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Cross posting for more vis - anyone else getting pebble accumulation inside the front bumper in the front part of the wheel wells? Traced it back to this gap in the wheel well, but unsure if it's just me that has this gap or if others do too. Both sides looks identical:
View attachment 734439

View attachment 734439

102BB6E8-FC7E-4FAE-AE1F-C6D33C110B42.jpeg

Well... *sugar*. Thanks for posting that pic.

I haven’t hunted in the front bumper area, but it’s all plastic snaps in general. Some pushing may reveal where they are.

I had to reassemble parts of my frunk after delivery since all the snaps weren’t actually snapped in place, and not just the service access cover.

Also the drivers side rear seat side trim piece.

Do I wish it was all assembled from the get go? Yeah. At least it’s easy to finish the assembly yourself 🙃

Edit: Also a good application for some speed tape.

Question to group: Any LR owners out there with the vibration issue, or is this limited to Plaid models?

I've had my LR for about 8 weeks. I haven't noticed a vibration. It has some small quality things (seats a bit wrinkled, rear window distortion, very small panel asymmetry, the yoke worm-if that is really even a flaw, some gunk/glue on drivers seal by the Sideview mirror) but "knock on wood" has been really solid. I may still be in honeymoon phase, but no problems that I've deemed worth taking to SC.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it.

My PRND buttons don’t illuminate. What’s wrong?
I thought these only light up if center screen goes out….it’s a backup (haha) provision.
You can turn on the illumination by holding in the scroll wheels briefly, without doing a full reset. If you continue to hold them in for a reset, they will come on while the screen is rebooting.