Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, they are replacing the whole damn thing. Kind of nuts on a 6 week old car.
My car has been in service for 2 weeks took 2 months for them to get it in. They told me they were waiting for the parts for 2 months and now they are telling me they are ordering more parts. This means they didn't order the parts I told them were defective in the first place and they didn't believe me when I told them about the issue.... my car is still in service and I got like over $1600 in uber credits piling up. Uber sucks. I got offered a Camry as a loaner and wasn't happy. Plus they did not want to fix the dents that came with the car since it's 2 months out....

Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Yeah, they are replacing the whole damn thing. Kind of nuts on a 6 week old car.
I know :( It sucks! At least I hope I can offer some hope for you by saying that once they replaced it, the car has been an A+ experience and I almost completely forgot about the big battery fiasco until I saw your post.
Did they give you an ETA by the way? I am just curious if mine was really that unusually long (3 weeks) or that's what other people see too?

was leaving for a road trip this morning, charged to 100% and woke up to all these codes being thrown. Limped my car to the service center, they’re saying it’s probably a total battery replacement after 1200 miles. At least they gave me a rickety model 3 loaner instead of some Uber credits. Definitely not boding well for the future of ownership on this thing.
bummer. I've got 4,500 miles in two months with no BMS or mechanical issues. Good luck with new battery.

Reactions: jebinc
I'm glad you are getting a new car! Good to hear the buyback is going through. I'm jealous, you'll get the new good headlights. 😂
given your list of issues you should consider documentation trail for potential lemon law case. I suspect that they will address all of your punch list, but it may take a few service center and/or mobile service visits based on your first experience. Our SC locally is much better at confronting issues IMO

Reactions: jebinc
I know :( It sucks! At least I hope I can offer some hope for you by saying that once they replaced it, the car has been an A+ experience and I almost completely forgot about the big battery fiasco until I saw your post.
Did they give you an ETA by the way? I am just curious if mine was really that unusually long (3 weeks) or that's what other people see too?
They said a week, I highly doubt it. Oh well, will dump a ton of miles on this loaner. All in all, very impressed with the Camarillo SC, great bunch of people.

Reactions: iyordanov
Took my car to the service center this morning and they fixed both of the problems I reported. New wood trim on the front dash to replace the one with the ding on delivery, and they replaced the whole center console to resolve the issue with the storage light turning off when the door was open.
Took all day, but everything works now.

Reactions: iyordanov
Took my car to the service center this morning and they fixed both of the problems I reported. New wood trim on the front dash to replace the one with the ding on delivery, and they replaced the whole center console to resolve the issue with the storage light turning off when the door was open.
Took all day, but everything works now.
How were you able to get new wood trim replaced that quick. I’ve been waiting on my door panel’s carbon fiber trim for over a month. The two schedules appointments were pushed back each time saying the part is still not in. I’m getting frustrated as the door without trim looks terrible and my window is rattling when I close the door because I’m waiting on the rubber seal as well.

Reactions: AcesAreWld
How were you able to get new wood trim replaced that quick. I’ve been waiting on my door panel’s carbon fiber trim for over a month. The two schedules appointments were pushed back each time saying the part is still not in. I’m getting frustrated as the door without trim looks terrible and my window is rattling when I close the door because I’m waiting on the rubber seal as well.
Mine was the standard wood trim, not carbon fiber.

The rear view camera seems to have a crack and water has gone in two weeks after delivery. Set up an appt for this Fri ( Mar 11). Is there anything i should ask them to look at? I hope they will replace the camera and not tell me it is just condensation. They have to replace the black applique too which was damaged and noted during the delivery. Thanks.
PXL_20220304_232559748.jpg

Holdddddd up, I wish I found this thread sooner. I picked up my plaid in July of last year and boy have I had problems.
This is a long thread and I only started from the back.
First off, we got lights in the foot wells?!?!?! What the fck my stuff doesn't light up at all.
Also, has anyone had uncontrollable random freezing of the displays? I am still looking through this thread. My displays will both freeze while I drive. Sometimes while parked and the car will stay on draining charge when it's parked. I have to deal with 10-15 freezes a day and force reboots. I brought it into service 3 days for freezing and they keep saying a future firmware update will fix it.
I had the safety restraint fault 2 times now and I just picked it up this week for the 2nd repair.

Also, if anyone else is freezing like me if your audio stops working. Initiate a Bluetooth call and it will come back. Had this happen 5 times already.