Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick non-refresh question. Are the handles supposed to be absolutely flush when not presented? Mine are all at the same place, but all slightly below flush. Maybe 1/16".

Check if the handles are presenting far enough out to have all four puddle lights working. I found my passenger rear handle wasn't presenting far enough out, so I didn't get any light out of it. I know, minor problem, but hey, they should get it right. No reason to have three working lights and one not.

Reactions: cwanja
Parking sensors failing to work after being in hot sun update: I'm suspecting there are multiple sensor revisions out there, and some software got totally messed up. Speaking with the service center folks, its a known problem ™️ and one of the employees actually also had the same issue. Still not resolved as of 2022.8.3.

But speaking of other software fixes, the doves living in the HVAC box have moved out and found a better nest.

A quick non-refresh question. Are the handles supposed to be absolutely flush when not presented? Mine are all at the same place, but all slightly below flush. Maybe 1/16".

I don't know, I mainly want to make a point that Tesla manufacturing should start delivering perfect vehicles for $150k.

Not trying to bash your opinions. But in my opinion my 2017 TMX is perfect. A little panel misalignment only adds to the value in my opinion. Gives my car some personality like bespoke hand built cars.

When I get my next Tesla it will be other potential issues I will look for. I do want all the parts to work.

Reactions: mswlogo
I don't know, I mainly want to make a point that Tesla manufacturing should start delivering perfect vehicles for $150k.
I don't know. I can get sedate perfection with a Lexus, or I can get a hypercar performance plus family sedan utility that is maybe a little rough around the edges in a few places at an awesome discount. I guess it depends on your frame of reference.

I ceramic coated my first P85D and obsessed over it, and now, perhaps even being older, I don't really care that much about the little stuff with the Plaid. The awesome performance and other general great design just overshadows any little glitches or any urge to pamper it.

Well new car with 50 mi has a lean to it! Air suspension on right side jacked up to the max for some reason and is stuck. Off to the service center to see what lovliness the Fremont factory blessed me with.

20220408_213547.jpg

They fixed the yoke buzz in 2022.12.1!!!! 🎉🥳😃💯💯🎆

I'm amazed they actually fixed something. We are getting somewhere! An earlier update fixed the dove sound. Now the yoke buzz.

I just need my passenger door fixed, the console cubby light fixed, and a permanent fix for the half shaft vibrations. Then that should be everything! The first two should be fixable by service. The half shafts, not yet...

They fixed the yoke buzz in 2022.12.1!!!! 🎉🥳😃💯💯🎆

I'm amazed they actually fixed something. We are getting somewhere! An earlier update fixed the dove sound. Now the yoke buzz.

I just need my passenger door fixed, the console cubby light fixed, and a permanent fix for the half shaft vibrations. Then that should be everything! The first two should be fixable by service. The half shafts, not yet...
How about the vibration?!

Still there. Almost no vibration with the lowering links dropping the car 0.75". It comes back when I go to medium, which is about the same as the previous low setting.
Right. Same experience. I wonder if the negative camber, or lowered DU, is what reduces the vibration? It’s tempting to have the camber adjusted back in spec at the dropped height to see what is making the improvement. Any volunteers?!

Right. Same experience. I wonder if the negative camber, or lowered DU, is what reduces the vibration? It’s tempting to have the camber adjusted back in spec at the dropped height to see what is making the improvement. Any volunteers?!
From what I've heard, there isn't enough camber adjustment to bring it back to spec. We'll need new suspension pieces to get that camber angle back to spec.

From what I've heard, there isn't enough camber adjustment to bring it back to spec. We'll need new suspension pieces to get that camber angle back to spec.
True for the rear, but the front is adjustable. And that’s where the vibration is. My fronts are -3mm and 0 in the rear and the vibration is barely noticeable. So, camber is fine in the rear and a bit negative in the front.