Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What software version are you on? That was fixed in a recent update.

Also, did you mean NF473xxx for your VIN? Yours is a '22, right?
Old SW: 2021.43.202

I’m stuck on factory island release and waiting for Service appointment to fix. Glad it has been corrected. I recall reading about it some time ago and nothing recently.

‘22 Refresh 2.0. NF. Correct. Thanks.

Last edited:
Interesting
My September Plaid is at the SC getting the Airbag Recall…
Just saw this on the invoice. Another recall? (Redesigned Wiring harness for air suspension?)

Concern: Retrofit Hydraulic Control Unit Wake-Up Wire
Correction: Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire
Parts Replaced or Added
ASY,HARN,FRUNK SWITCH GND,OVERLAY,MS(1731861-00-A)
Part Quantity 1.00

Correction. This apparently is part of the brake system -- the reference to frunk is just the location of where the wire harness is and maybe what else is on the harness, but issue is the brake HCU wake up wire -- needs to be retrofitted. I have a August or maybe July build, also needed the airbag (I wonder if I got the horn . . . )

Concern: Retrofit Hydraulic Control Unit Wake-Up Wire
Correction: Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire
Parts Replaced or Added
ASY,HARN,FRUNK SWITCH GND,OVERLAY,MS(1731861-00-A)

Does anyone actually know for sure what this recall does? Also, they say it takes 1.5 hours for the installation. What are they removing to get this recall done?

2021 Plaid July Build.

Hi! So, this is literally the hardest thing to find any information about. I have had one SC tech confirm it is tied into the brake systems. Can anyone confirm or elaborate more?

Tesla mobile service came out last week and replaced my rear seat bottom cushion due to some odd wrinkles at the leading edge of the seat behind the driver's seat. I actually helped the technician do this. The seat pops out very easily via two small manual switches/levers at the front edge (bottom) of the seat cushion. Getting the new seat in is a bit of a pain, but it went in just fine with some grunting and pushing.

I was surprised by how lightweight the seat bottom was when we had it out of the car. Like maybe 10-15 lbs - easy for a single person to carry around with no problem. Certainly way lighter than what I expected.

One funny thing I noticed when we had the seat out. There was a big dark footprint clearly visible right in the middle of the white insulation material under the rear seat. Someone from the factory had stepped there with dirty shoes at some point while the car was being assembled. The tech was sort of embarrassed by this, and offered to clean it off, but I said "no thanks." It's just classic Tesla manufacturing shoddy procedures, and I'll never see it again.

A quick non-refresh question. Are the handles supposed to be absolutely flush when not presented? Mine are all at the same place, but all slightly below flush. Maybe 1/16".
For the amount of work it will require, do not fix it. Mobile service can do it, but might be more than it is worth. And Tesla service might call it "within spec".

All that said, if your OCD is killing you - never hurts to ask.

Reactions: mswlogo
For the amount of work it will require, do not fix it. Mobile service can do it, but might be more than it is worth. And Tesla service might call it "within spec".

All that said, if your OCD is killing you - never hurts to ask.
Exactly. Tesla’s seem to attract OCDers.

The more a tech messes with your car the more damage they can do.

Maybe it’s supposed to be slightly in and the ones that are flush are out of spec ;)

I see people complain about silly stuff. Like a spec of dust in the instrument cluster. And let a tech pull the whole dash out to “fix it”. I wonder how many squeaks they have now.

I was thinking about this, probably because I’m obsessing ;)

I think our cars are our modern day “Man Cave” :) Something we want to control and make perfect. And keep perfect with PPF etc. like putting a screen protector and case on a shiny new iPhone that we want to keep like new. Sorry just rambling… I think it’s funny though. Most of us are thinking the same way for the same reasons.

Exactly. Tesla’s seem to attract OCDers.

The more a tech messes with your car the more damage they can do.

Maybe it’s supposed to be slightly in and the ones that are flush are out of spec ;)

I see people complain about silly stuff. Like a spec of dust in the instrument cluster. And let a tech pull the whole dash out to “fix it”. I wonder how many squeaks they have now.

I was thinking about this, probably because I’m obsessing ;)

I think our cars are our modern day “Man Cave” :) Something we want to control and make perfect. And keep perfect with PPF etc. like putting a screen protector and case on a shiny new iPhone that we want to keep like new. Sorry just rambling… I think it’s funny though. Most of us are thinking the same way for the same reasons.
I don't know, I mainly want to make a point that Tesla manufacturing should start delivering perfect vehicles for $150k.

Reactions: Phlier