Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to tell from the video. It could be the back seat latch - a common problem. Set the rear seats in the down position. If the noise goes away, you've found the problem. Some wrap electrical tape around the chrome metal U portion (not in the seat itself). I stuck some stiff foam in the U that worked for me. Neither approach affects the ability to open/close the seat.
Depending on your service center, you might get them to address this. I had them address both rear seat latches. On the drivers side, they fixed the striker and it went away. For the passenger side, they had to order parts. Appointment is in the future, so not sure what part they are replacing yet. But the rattle is god awful.

Hard to tell from the video. It could be the back seat latch - a common problem. Set the rear seats in the down position. If the noise goes away, you've found the problem. Some wrap electrical tape around the chrome metal U portion (not in the seat itself). I stuck some stiff foam in the U that worked for me. Neither approach affects the ability to open/close the seat.
Thanks. I've fixed that one already. This is coming from the front of the car, seemingly in the suspension.

Posting this as a PSA for anyone experiencing this issue.
Sept 2021 PLAID Model S
Last occurrence on 2022.4.5.21
Car is now on 2022.12.3.20
I will report back here if it occurs on this or future versions.

I have had instances where all FSD capabilities are suddenly gone, including auto wipers, auto brights, cameras and IC vector visualizations…. Steering wheel reset nor power off solve this issue.
Took it to service.
A firmware bug where the FSD computer gets stuck in a loop waking from sleep.
Bottom line was to make sure it can fully return to sleep (no Sentry mode or summon…)
Just happened a few days ago and this does in fact work.

Here’s the text from my invoice.

Concern: Customer states: Feature Availability & Settings - On April 2, Starting at 5 AM on a long road trip. Cruise control was not available. Spoke with somebody from roadside assistance and they said that it was not a specific sensor or anything like that that it was the FSD computer and then I need to bring it in for service. At that point I had already tried a steering wheel reset with no affect. When we came to our first supercharger stop I did a power off and everything was fine up until today. Everything is dead again but this time I tried a power off with no affect. Also FYI I have received a software update Between the two events. Which means it’s not isolated to the previous version. Here’s a timestamp second time for today. 3:28 PM on April 7
investigated vehicle logs for both time stamps that the customer provided. Found two different issues at both time stamps. the first issue has to do with the FSD beta SYNCHRONOUS_PIPELINE and is under investigation. the confirmed fix has not been released and will be mitigated in a future firmware release. the 2nd issue is that the primary auto pilot computer has booted into an undesirable state when the vehicle started. this will sustain until the vehicles goes through a sleep cycle and it will self recover. this issue is also currently under investigation and does not merit hardware replacement. This issue will be mitigated with a future firmware release.
Correction: General Diagnosis

• Informative
Reactions: bhakan and aerodyne
I need Summon to be able to do this.

93FDDDC3-055D-4924-AFB2-9EC4C213D081.jpeg

Reactions: aerodyne
Garages are getting smaller and smaller these days. A two car garage can only really fit 1 car comfortably

Our double is quite wide. It’s also 22 years old. I park that way so I don’t have to worry about wifey hitting my car with her door. There’s 30” between our cars.

Because of the design. She has about 6’ on the other side. She refuses to back in, turn into the garage, or park at an angle.

Hence my parking the way I do.

Just PPF the power walls...😁

My dumb summon actually does pretty well, but I have a real challenge when I moved the old car into the third bay. Less than a 1/4" front and back.

It's soo close, I can see the gap lessen when the garage is hot, due to the thermal expansion of the car body, CTE of Alum much greater than concrete.

Attachments

• 16545734687585825009944913939344.jpg
    16545734687585825009944913939344.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Funny
Reactions: WilliamG