Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our double is quite wide. It’s also 22 years old. I park that way so I don’t have to worry about wifey hitting my car with her door. There’s 30” between our cars.

Because of the design. She has about 6’ on the other side. She refuses to back in, turn into the garage, or park at an angle.

Hence my parking the way I do.

Gave up on telling the wife what to do a long time ago. Car covers and foam boards on wall, and between cars work however.

Attachments

• 1654610467992138364291173584916.jpg
    1654610467992138364291173584916.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 105
  • Funny
Reactions: cwanja
I updated to 2022.12.3.3 yesterday:
- Yoke buzz still present
- Cubby light still backwards

I updated to 2022.12.3.20 today:
- Yoke buzz still present
- Cubby light still backwards
I saw a '21 plaid in the showroom that had the cubby light correct, so maybe it is not a software issue.

Getting my entire yoke replaced by mobile next week because of a bad scroll wheel. I hope I don't get a 🐝 yoke...

I saw a '21 plaid in the showroom that had the cubby light correct, so maybe it is not a software issue.

Getting my entire yoke replaced by mobile next week because of a bad scroll wheel. I hope I don't get a 🐝 yoke...
All the new yokes buzz. You're screwed.

Yeah, they can fix the cubby light, but it isn't easy. They replaced my entire console to try and fix it, but it is still wrong. And I ended up with a console with broken cup holders that don't slide.

Yeah, they can fix the cubby light, but it isn't easy. They replaced my entire console to try and fix it, but it is still wrong. And I ended up with a console with broken cup holders that don't slide.
Not my current yoke. Light works, no dove noises or vibration either.

Although there is a high chance of vibration in the future.

If the new yoke is defective I'll be selling.

Although there is a high chance of vibration in the future.

If the new yoke is defective I'll be selling.
Yeah, they refused to replace mine. They said it's a known software bug and will be fixed "later". They've had a few attempted fixes in recent updates where the buzzing stops for a day and then comes back. All the late '21 and '22 cars I've sat in have the buzz.

I've got the vibration bad too, after the first 1000 miles. They've replaced the half shafts twice and it just comes right back after a week.

I've got all the bugs....

Weird, I have tried to find the buzz on my yoke and I don’t have it at all. I would have thought that with all the posts about the yoke buzzing I would have it.

'22 Plaid built 3/11.

Yoke Buzz. Nope. Zero buzz.
Console Lights. Nope. Work correctly
Vibration. Yup. Minor. Only at 30-40 miles per hour for a very brief period of time after extended non-driving (6+ hours). Only happens/noticed when leaving work.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
'22 Plaid built 3/11.

Yoke Buzz. Nope. Zero buzz.
Console Lights. Nope. Work correctly
Vibration. Yup. Minor. Only at 30-40 miles per hour for a very brief period of time after extended non-driving (6+ hours). Only happens/noticed when leaving work.
Try putting your ear up to the headlamp icon on the yoke and press the turn signal. All the ones I've sat in start making the buzz after the first button press, then continue buzzing until the car goes to deep sleep. That would be great if it really has been fixed with a hardware revision. I'll push them to replace my yoke. It would be really easy to fix in the software, but they can't seem to do it. It's a really simple bug in the haptic feedback motor controller.

Good to know on the console lights. Hopefully some day they will fix mine and get it right. It seems the consoles in parts inventory are also miswired. Maybe the newest ones are right?

How many miles do you have on your car? I found the vibration got worse after 1,000 miles.

Try putting your ear up to the headlamp icon on the yoke and press the turn signal. All the ones I've sat in start making the buzz after the first button press, then continue buzzing until the car goes to deep sleep. That would be great if it really has been fixed with a hardware revision. I'll push them to replace my yoke. It would be really easy to fix in the software, but they can't seem to do it. It's a really simple bug in the haptic feedback motor controller.

Good to know on the console lights. Hopefully some day they will fix mine and get it right. It seems the consoles in parts inventory are also miswired. Maybe the newest ones are right?

How many miles do you have on your car? I found the vibration got worse after 1,000 miles.
My NF479 built last week definitely has a correctly wired center console. It’s even better than my 2021 in this regard which should have turned off the open coin tray light with the sliding lid halfway but did not. The 2022 does, and the switches are clearly in different places compared to the 2021, which is interesting. Here are mine:

2021 Model S Plaid (July 2021 build):

2022 Model S Plaid (May 30, 2022 build):

My NF479 built last week definitely has a correctly wired center console. It’s even better than my 2021 in this regard which should have turned off the open coin tray light with the sliding lid halfway but did not. The 2022 does, and the switches are clearly in different places compared to the 2021, which is interesting. Here are mine:

Looks correct now! I will ask them for this console... Though, I wish I still had the older cup holders. The new ones don't fit my contigo coffee mugs.

How about the yoke buzzing and half shaft vibrations?

Interesting. My 2021 Plaid made in August behaves slightly differently than your 2021:

Interesting. My 2021 Plaid made in August behaves slightly differently than your 2021:

Yours works correctly. I confirmed this week that @Muzzman1 's 2021 Plaid (delivered in August, I believe of 2021) - behaves like yours. My 2021 (delivered in August, 2021) worked mostly correct, and much better than later models that year and early this year where the switches are reversed - so lights off when cubby open, and on when cubby closed. So I'm happy my 2022 is not stricken with this problem, but it's still interesting that the switch locations are so different now...
Looks correct now! I will ask them for this console... Though, I wish I still had the older cup holders. The new ones don't fit my contigo coffee mugs.

How about the yoke buzzing and half shaft vibrations?

I can confirm there is NO buzzing from my NF479 yoke. I'm intimately familiar with the sound from my 2021 Plaid before it was banished back to Tesla, so they've clearly addressed if it my car is anything to go by. On my 2021 S Plaid, I'd wake the car up, - no buzzing from the yoke, but as soon as I would enable a turn signal the buzzing would then persist for the rest of the drive. In my 2022 there's no buzzing at any time.

I can confirm there is NO buzzing from my NF479 yoke. I'm intimately familiar with the sound from my 2021 Plaid before it was banished back to Tesla, so they've clearly addressed if it my car is anything to go by. On my 2021 S Plaid, I'd wake the car up, - no buzzing from the yoke, but as soon as I would enable a turn signal the buzzing would then persist for the rest of the drive. In my 2022 there's no buzzing at any time.

That is great to hear! What software are you on?

I also have noticed that my yoke makes a louder buzzing sound every time I go over a bump. I think the haptic feedback motor is loose.

That is great to hear! What software are you on?

I also have noticed that my yoke makes a louder buzzing sound every time I go over a bump. I think the haptic feedback motor is loose.

I got an update only 2.5 days after receiving the car. 2022.16.1.1. Car was delivered with 2022.11.101.6. I wasn't even checking for the buzz prior to the update but I can say that 2022.16.1.1 doesn't have a buzz. Whether this is a software update or hardware update that solved it I can't say, but it did annoy me in my 2021 when I'm parked. I didn't tend to notice it when driving.

I got an update only 2.5 days after receiving the car. 2022.16.1.1. Car was delivered with 2022.11.101.6. I wasn't even checking for the buzz prior to the update but I can say that 2022.16.1.1 doesn't have a buzz. Whether this is a software update or hardware update that solved it I can't say, but it did annoy me in my 2021 when I'm parked. I didn't tend to notice it when driving.

Hmm. Now I'm wondering if the buzz was fixed in 2022.16.1.1... I just got the FSD beta and am on 2022.12.3.20.

I reaaaaaally doubt it. But need more people to chime in here. I didn't think to check before, sorry. :( I hadn't noticed it, though, which was a good sign (for new cars, anyway).

I know, seems unlikely. My yoke buzz was temporarily fixed after the 2022.12.1 and 2022.12.3.1 updates, but then it returned after 1-2 days.

Anyone else have 2022.16.1.1? Can you check for the yoke buzz?

Reactions: WilliamG