Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, if off topic. Did more tests and if the A/C is off, and the seats set to cool, the temperature does not go down. So they require the A/C. My guess is Tesla loosely pulls the air from the under seat floor vents (not directly coupled) which cools the seat when A/C is on. Surprisingly it works and the seat is cooled.

On cosmetics, I've had zero issues, but did have the left side rear seat rattle after a few months. Stuck some foam in the U hook to solve and has not come back.
I have that left side rear seat rattle, too. Last year’s S I had was the right rear seat. Amazing Tesla hasn’t really fixed any of these things in a year…

Sorry, if off topic. Did more tests and if the A/C is off, and the seats set to cool, the temperature does not go down. So they require the A/C. My guess is Tesla loosely pulls the air from the under seat floor vents (not directly coupled) which cools the seat when A/C is on. Surprisingly it works and the seat is cooled.

On cosmetics, I've had zero issues, but did have the left side rear seat rattle after a few months. Stuck some foam in the U hook to solve and has not come back.
Following up on your analysis it seems that the rear seats don't have cooling because they don't pull cool air from floor vents in the rear seats.

After taking delivery of my 2022 LR I thought I had gotten lucky everything was aligned and only a bit of rattle which was easily fixed. Then I started getting messages on the dash saying my speed was limited. It would start limiting me at like 112mph but would slowly drop the longer I drove until it was just unsafe. Tesla couldn’t figure it out so this week they replaced the front drive unit completely (with less than 1k miles on it). Still no one know what was causing it but the replacement seemed to fix the issue.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc
Just took delivery of plaid against my better judgement. On the drive home the yoke vibrated for like 1-2 seconds, it happened a few time on the highway, than on the street one time.

Is this the half shaft vibration people are talking about or is this some other issue?

2022 with 300 miles on it. My drivers door will not open. Handle presents normally, pull on it and window comes down but door will not open. Button inside will not open door either. Can only open with the manual release.

Is there anything I can try at home before taking it to service center?

2022 with 300 miles on it. My drivers door will not open. Handle presents normally, pull on it and window comes down but door will not open. Button inside will not open door either. Can only open with the manual release.

You tried rebooting the car? Failing that, let the car fully go to sleep, and see if it resolves. This sounds like a service visit, though... but let's hope not.

Reactions: jebinc

Ball-peen hammer (jk)… sounds like the locking mechanism is jammed. Maybe try pushing on the door a little as you try to open it?

First off, thank you both for the replies. Was not expecting that at his hour.

I shut off the car, waited 3 minutes and turned it back on. Didn't help. Tried the touchscreen reboot, that also did not work.

I'm pretty bummed out right now. The handle seems to move in and out normally and look normally positioned compared to the other handles. But when I pull on it, it doesn't seem to be engaging the release mechanism.

I shut off the car, waited 3 minutes and turned it back on. Didn't help. Tried the touchscreen reboot, that also did not work.

I'm pretty bummed out right now. The handle seems to move in and out normally and look normally positioned compared to the other handles. But when I pull on it, it doesn't seem to be engaging the release mechanism.
This happened to me too at a it 1k miles, although I could open the drivers side from the inside with the electronic switch. I took it into service and they replaced the handle and hasn't been an issue since.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond and WilliamG

Leave the car to sleep (takes about half an hour or so). Leave it a couple of hours, and then come back. If it doesn't work, Tesla can fix this pretty quickly for you, with mobile service if you're lucky. Sorry this has happened, but it's not a common issue, and shouldn't repeat after the fix.

Reactions: NeuroRad
Leave the car to sleep (takes about half an hour or so). Leave it a couple of hours, and then come back. If it doesn't work, Tesla can fix this pretty quickly for you, with mobile service if you're lucky. Sorry this has happened, but it's not a common issue, and shouldn't repeat after the fix.
No resolution overnight. Still will not open. Mobile service requested. Looks like I won’t have a functional door until next Wednesday at the earliest.

Well guys, I just went to drive off to the service center and the door opened??? Now it's functioning completely normally from both inside and outside. I'm at a loss. Perhaps a software bug? Almost as if the handle was acting as if the door was locked but it was presenting as normal. Hopefully just a fluke event and never happens again although I cannot say I'm confident in it.