Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Better be the same day. I have tint scheduled for Wednesday morning first thing! I imagine it will be while I wait. It’s just a windshield and speaker grille… Anyway, I really hope so!
@WilliamG I had to leave my 3 for the day when I had the rear glass replaced. I ended up waiting until the next morning to ensure the seal cured property. They tape the glass to the car to ensure it doesn’t shift.

Reactions: impastu
@WilliamG I had to leave my 3 for the day when I had the rear glass replaced. I ended up waiting until the next morning to ensure the seal cured property. They tape the glass to the car to ensure it doesn’t shift.

That might be a little different... Was this rear glass on a Model 3? In that case, that's way different... That said, if it's not done the same day that will royally scupper my Wednesday tint appointment. I'd probably put off the service appointment if it's going to take that long...

Reactions: impastu
How did you determine this?

Here’s the last 10 days. There are 3 other Tesla’s on the network for comparison. Mines the top one.

Attachments

• A3082BDF-F67C-47DF-AF8A-DCA6464B57F6.jpeg
    A3082BDF-F67C-47DF-AF8A-DCA6464B57F6.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 114
At one point nothing in theatre was starting when selected. They pushed an update again to me and it fixed that issue. I have strange folding mirror issues. Seems as though when you have something set and then delete or log out it is gone but the setting wasn’t deleted within the firmware. Had same problem with homelink until last update.
I have seen the connectivity issues and Spotify will ask me to log in again. I usually just do a soft reboot with the click wheels and it logs me back in. I’m sure you tried that, but it does seem to work to prevent having to log back in.

Has anyone had a problem with car not shutting off after exiting. More than 50% of the time either the media, a/c, touchscreen and side mirrors won’t shut down and the doors don’t lock. Eventually between 10-30 minutes everything shuts off. But after I get out and open and close the door again most of the time everything will shut off and lock. Taking it in on Wednesday. They think it is the seat sensor.
Check to see if went you lock the vehicle the fasten seatbelt warning stays on… I had a bad optical sensor in the drivers seat that prevented mirror auto fold and everything else you described. Basically the vehicle thinks you’re still in there and won’t properly shut down until the hard timeout. Ping the SC and get on the schedule. Make sure you send them a message right after you notice the behavior with a time/date, so they can grok the logs and narrow it down. Good luck!

Check to see if went you lock the vehicle the fasten seatbelt warning stays on… I had a bad optical sensor in the drivers seat that prevented mirror auto fold and everything else you described. Basically the vehicle thinks you’re still in there and won’t properly shut down until the hard timeout. Ping the SC and get on the schedule. Make sure you send them a message right after you notice the behavior with a time/date, so they can grok the logs and narrow it down. Good luck!
Thanks, I don’t remember seeing the seat belt light staying on but I’ll double check today when I go out. I have documented and sent time stamped times to the support team and my SC. They also believe it is a sensor and I am scheduled to take it in tomorrow morning. It’s funny though different things stay on after I close The drivers door sometimes it’s everything and sometimes it’s just one thing but the tell tale sign is that the second time I close the door after being out of the car it almost always turns everything off which points to a sensor issue in the seat. Has yours been fixed with a new sensor and has it done it again since they fixed it. Thanks

Reactions: impastu and jebinc