Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are saying when you read the likes of TeslaScope, TeslaFi, etc. they list it. But probably say “EAP only”. What @Gluber wants is the feature listed regardless in-car, but to say “EAP only”. So you see it online, and in your car.
I think they are saying when you read the likes of TeslaScope, TeslaFi, etc. they list it. But probably say “EAP only”. What @Gluber wants is the feature listed regardless in-car, but to say “EAP only”. So you see it online, and in your car.

Yes I did see it on a third party site but no mention it’s only for EAP only

Attachments

• E22A1F22-37EA-4854-BA62-CBAD1B405122.png
    E22A1F22-37EA-4854-BA62-CBAD1B405122.png
    503.2 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: impastu
Agreed but I still think that should be an easy answer for Tesla support people and the head of my SC
I mean it’s pretty simple, if you don’t see AutoPark listed in the release notes shown in your specific car, you won’t have AutoPark.

As Tesla has grown to the size they have, and haven’t done a good job disseminating information across the board, a lot of their employees don’t enough about their products anymore. I long for the days sales & service people knew every single bit of the car inside and out.

Anyway, back to AutoPark: my guess is that they aren’t done validating it on the refresh S yet, and are using the EAP participants to do so.

Give it a few weeks and I’m sure they’ll release AutoPark to the masses eventually. Patience is king in the Tesla realm!

I mean it’s pretty simple, if you don’t see AutoPark listed in the release notes shown in your specific car, you won’t have AutoPark.

As Tesla has grown to the size they have, and haven’t done a good job disseminating information across the board, a lot of their employees don’t enough about their products anymore. I long for the days sales & service people knew every single bit of the car inside and out.

Anyway, back to AutoPark: my guess is that they aren’t done validating it on the refresh S yet, and are using the EAP participants to do so.

Give it a few weeks and I’m sure they’ll release AutoPark to the masses eventually. Patience is king in the Tesla realm!

I agree. BTW, did I mention I love this car. Best driving car I’ve owned. Which includes Porche BMW Mercedes even a Vioer which drove like a truck. So patience will not be an issue

I agree. BTW, did I mention I love this car. Best driving car I’ve owned. Which includes Porche BMW Mercedes even a Vioer which drove like a truck. So patience will not be an issue
Also agreed! Most refined Tesla so far. At least the product & engineering teams are doing a stellar job (else i wouldn’t be here, frankly).

I'm in the same situation as well FW 2021.12.4.9 - Connected to WiFi at home but button still greyed out stating I need to update maps before FSD
I had luck with this. I did a two scroll wheel boot. Turned off car under safety. Exited vehicle. Turned off blue tooth. Left for 3 minutes or so. When I went back in it was grayed out still. Parked at work for day and when I came out the FSD beta was working again

Last edited:
@MrExitStrategy

Did you get all of your stuff fixed yet?!
The car has been at the SC for the past two weeks... Went and check on it last Friday they said they were waiting for the "detail team" to work on it, but I suspect they'll have to reschedule it with the body shop to fix the paint hopefully at the same time as installing the other parts on order (the dashboard and, apparently, the entire windshield...) Been driving the M3LR loaner and it's great, but damn I miss my Blaze!

The car has been at the SC for the past two weeks... Went and check on it last Friday they said they were waiting for the "detail team" to work on it, but I suspect they'll have to reschedule it with the body shop to fix the paint hopefully at the same time as installing the other parts on order (the dashboard and, apparently, the entire windshield...) Been driving the M3LR loaner and it's great, but damn I miss my Blaze!

Damn, already two weeks and not done? I guess they are practically building you a new car. The squeaks in your video still give me shivers.

Damn, already two weeks and not done? I guess they are practically building you a new car. The squeaks in your video still give me shivers.
The scary thing is.... the squeaky black exterior plastic trims is apparently normal. We walked around the SC and play with three different brand new Plaids and LR's and all of them squeaks when you squeeze it a little bit :(

Question on what’s “in spec”…. Took delivery of MSLR…. Used the mega check list and damn near perfect…
But…. I see a couple of significant crease Lines on drivers seat along side near base… I don’t think it’s “damaged” just a crease…. I would probably move on with my day… not a big deal.. but I saw someone post a pic of the same issue and is asking for a new seat…. What’s the consensus ?

Question on what’s “in spec”…. Took delivery of MSLR…. Used the mega check list and damn near perfect…
But…. I see a couple of significant crease Lines on drivers seat along side near base… I don’t think it’s “damaged” just a crease…. I would probably move on with my day… not a big deal.. but I saw someone post a pic of the same issue and is asking for a new seat…. What’s the consensus ?
Hard to say without a picture to see how bad it is.

If it was bad enough to trip my limit switch, I'd turn into the proverbial "squeaky wheel" and continue to squeak until I was good and thoroughly greased. ;)

If you cannot live with it, ask Tesla. They might say it is "within spec", they might just replace it. But it is entirely possible that the replacement seat comes with it as well. Or they walk the lot on new Model S and see if there are any more like it - deeming it within spec.

Bottom line - if you cannot live with it, ask. Worst Tesla says is "no". I had some creases in my Model S LR back in 2019 and they "noted it" on my service account and said if it gets worse or I want it replaced, that note would be there stating it was delivered that way and it would be covered. So it never hurts to at least bring it up.