Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from my service advisor at the Tesla Santa Clara CA service center this morning. After a recent discussion with engineering they are going to replace the battery in my Plaid. The order has been placed and when the pack arrives it can be replaced in a short enough timespan that I can get the car back on the same day. This is good news! Hopefully the same will happen soon for @WilliamG and @Muzzman1.
Superb news! I hope for the same in the next 2-4 years of getting nowhere currently. 🤣

Reactions: impastu
I got a call from my service advisor at the Tesla Santa Clara CA service center this morning. After a recent discussion with engineering they are going to replace the battery in my Plaid. The order has been placed and when the pack arrives it can be replaced in a short enough timespan that I can get the car back on the same day. This is good news! Hopefully the same will happen soon for @WilliamG and @Muzzman1.
Congrats!

Just some general updates. Finally got some parts for my delivery issues today: shaky mirror, bubble in drivers door panel trim, cracked wood in center console. Went to SC today.

Mirror replacement went fine, but the door panel couldn’t be replaced because the door open switch was part of the whole assembly and the switch in the new part was defective. Center console replacement looked great, but when about to leave discovered the inside “drawer” would not open on its own and sticks.

So, 1 for 3 on my first SC visit. Ordering more parts, hopefully they’ll come in before it gets too cold here in CO so that I can’t even drive the thing down to the service center on the summer tires. (Pretty frustrated with that situation, too.)

SC folks were responsive and friendly, so can’t blame them - but Tesla shipping them two defective replacement parts isn’t confidence-inspiring.

Just some general updates. Finally got some parts for my delivery issues today: shaky mirror, bubble in drivers door panel trim, cracked wood in center console. Went to SC today.

Mirror replacement went fine, but the door panel couldn’t be replaced because the door open switch was part of the whole assembly and the switch in the new part was defective. Center console replacement looked great, but when about to leave discovered the inside “drawer” would not open on its own and sticks.

So, 1 for 3 on my first SC visit. Ordering more parts, hopefully they’ll come in before it gets too cold here in CO so that I can’t even drive the thing down to the service center on the summer tires. (Pretty frustrated with that situation, too.)

SC folks were responsive and friendly, so can’t blame them - but Tesla shipping them two defective replacement parts isn’t confidence-inspiring.
Did the replacement mirror solve the vibration issue? So far we’ve not had any success stories that I’ve read about (and I’ve done my best to pay attention!)

Did the replacement mirror solve the vibration issue? So far we’ve not had any success stories that I’ve read about (and I’ve done my best to pay attention!)
So, it’s definitely better. Mine was really, really bad. I haven’t been able to compare it to another S. It still vibrates a little, but it is definitely improved.

Can’t say I’m surprised. Clearly the entire refresh was rushed and QC on all parts wasn’t thorough. Why should replacement part supply chain be any better than original after just six months of deliveries? Surely it will take a year to get all defectively designed parts redesigned and in production. Sooner for parts designed correctly just fab’d with less than perfect conformity with the design specifications.

When I am listening to Spotify and I park, I press the left button to turn off the stereo before exiting the vehicle. Whenever I return, the stereo blasts when I get back in the car. I've never been in a car where you physically turn off the stereo and it insists on coming on when you re-enter the vehicle. It is super annoying. I've pressed pause on Spotify on the screen and it's the same thing. Why can't you turn off the stereo in this car and it remembers that?

When I am listening to Spotify and I park, I press the left button to turn off the stereo before exiting the vehicle. Whenever I return, the stereo blasts when I get back in the car. I've never been in a car where you physically turn off the stereo and it insists on coming on when you re-enter the vehicle. It is super annoying. I've pressed pause on Spotify on the screen and it's the same thing. Why can't you turn off the stereo in this car and it remembers that?
That was the case on previous generations also if I recall. Try switching sources (to empty media drive or something) when you exit. That way it will play that (which is blank) until YOU switch back to Spotify after you enter and are ready.

That was the case on previous generations also if I recall. Try switching sources (to empty media drive or something) when you exit. That way it will play that (which is blank) until YOU switch back to Spotify after you enter and are ready.
What an ass backwards workaround.

I know people used to complain about the phone volume cranking up the radio volume either upon reentry or upon hanging up. Maybe that was specific to just streaming off your phone.

Just mindboggling they can make a car that can drive itself pretty well, but can't turn off a stereo on exit and not have it play again and blast music at you when you re-enter. Ummm Tesla are you listening?

Just mindboggling they can make a car that can drive itself pretty well, but can't turn off a stereo on exit and not have it play again and blast music at you when you re-enter. Ummm Tesla are you listening?

They can't. Damn stereo volume is too loud. Besides, everything is Pure Vision now. Who needs to hear?

I hate this. Haven't figured out a work-around yet. Will try changing media sources before exiting car.

But just to confirm NO ONE has had their front or black glass removed because of distortion has had it go away 100%? Does everyone have this issue also?
My windshield was replaced at the delivery center prior to delivery due to damage in transit. No distortion at all that I can see and the install looks perfect.