Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you explain #177?

I have same problem with theatre. They told me last night I needed to schedule mobile service to fix.

Update: SC said they can’t diagnose in field. I have to take day off from work and then said they sent a firmware update. I thought order and delivery was bad. It just continues with service I guess.
It was a clickable link to another post :)

So, have a fix for the blank theater screen--forget where I found it. Rename your car to "Rabbit of Caerbannog", let the Monty Python easer egg play though, go to theater and make sure YouTube, etc are back, then rename you car to whatever it was.

Reactions: cwanja
Ok. Did they do this on purpose? That is the most ridiculous software fix I have ever seen but it actually worked. I thought I was going down sucker road on that one. You’ve never failed any question I’ve ask.
LOL - everyone says the same thing.

The story I have heard is they messed something up when they added new language packs (IIRC its is Swedish that messed things up), and going though this process resets something. It's not an intention fix, it just happens to fix the theater along the way.

Reactions: cwanja
My M3P’s spoiler was installed by the service center a few weeks after the car was built, and it took several tries to get it right. I certainly hope the factory-installed spoiler on the Plaid will be more successful.

My concern is with PPF though.. does the spoiler absolutely need to be removed first before applying PPF, or can it be tucked around/under the spoiler?
My installer is going to leave it on and cut around it. Doesn't want to damage the spoiler trying to remove.

Reactions: jebinc
Man, this thread is a rough read. Hate to hear all this so much. As for me, I'm enjoying my car but have had a couple weird things going on and was hoping I might find some others who have seen these too.

-If I turn on the rear climate (either on the front display, or the rear display) the rear climate and screen will remain on permanently after the car is off. This is in regular climate control mode, not "keep on" or anything like that. This really bites because I haul my kids around and I need the rear air blasting at all times for them, without the worry of it staying on and draining the battery when I park. I have to physically turn the rear screen off by opening up the back door and turning the rear climate off on that screen because the front screen is dark/asleep. Super lame.

-The car seems to "stay on" much, much longer after I park in the garage than my 2020 Model S Performance did. Recently, it was still "running" two hours after a short, easy drive. Its gotta be a bug because I can go out, open the door and close it and it will finally "go to sleep" It's almost like it's still connected to my Tesla phone app or my fob that's in the house or something and it won't let the car go completely to sleep?

-Clock is an hour off. I picked the car up at my nearest Tesla center, which is in a different time zone. Well the clock is stuck in that timezone. I've set my home location, tried pressing on the clock on the screen, tried a restart, etc. but no luck. Dang wrong time is making me crazy. It's the little things.

Anywho, thank you for reading and I appreciate everyone sharing their issues and observations.

Man, this thread is a rough read. Hate to hear all this so much. As for me, I'm enjoying my car but have had a couple weird things going on and was hoping I might find some others who have seen these too.

-If I turn on the rear climate (either on the front display, or the rear display) the rear climate and screen will remain on permanently after the car is off. This is in regular climate control mode, not "keep on" or anything like that. This really bites because I haul my kids around and I need the rear air blasting at all times for them, without the worry of it staying on and draining the battery when I park. I have to physically turn the rear screen off by opening up the back door and turning the rear climate off on that screen because the front screen is dark/asleep. Super lame.

-The car seems to "stay on" much, much longer after I park in the garage than my 2020 Model S Performance did. Recently, it was still "running" two hours after a short, easy drive. Its gotta be a bug because I can go out, open the door and close it and it will finally "go to sleep" It's almost like it's still connected to my Tesla phone app or my fob that's in the house or something and it won't let the car go completely to sleep?

-Clock is an hour off. I picked the car up at my nearest Tesla center, which is in a different time zone. Well the clock is stuck in that timezone. I've set my home location, tried pressing on the clock on the screen, tried a restart, etc. but no luck. Dang wrong time is making me crazy. It's the little things.

Anywho, thank you for reading and I appreciate everyone sharing their issues and observations.
What firmware version are you running? 2012.12 or 2021.24?

Well it has been 3 weeks and the mobile tech came by yesterday to address my long list of concerns. He arrived only to inform me he could only look at one issue and the rest would have to wait another 2 weeks (5 weeks after purchase) to be addressed. After 5 minutes he discovered a broken wire to my turn signal, say he cannot fix it and then leaves. I am beyond frustrated and I have a really hard time recommending getting the Model S until they resolve some of these significant quality issues.
Here is my current list of open items (none of which have been addressed since July 25 delivery):
- Turn signal error due to Broken wire (One of my turn signals does not light up). I do not know how they can deliver me a car that would not pass a safety inspection.
- 3 scratches on the paint
- Passenger door not closing. I had to make an adjustment myself as my children could not get the door to close. Now Tesla is saying they will charge me labor as I did the adjustment even though they could not get me into the shop for 4 weeks!
- Seat has something loose inside and makes noise every time I sit or move
- steering wheel rubs when you turn
- scuff on center phone charger that cannot be removed
- windshield has watermarks that I have been unable to remove even after applying polishing products

I loved my old model S and am pretty understanding of the Tesla experience as I have worked within it for 5 years but this is an entirely new level of frustration and disregard for their customers.

If I did it all over again I would have held on to my 2016 Model S for another 12 months to give them time to work out all the issues. I guess my bad as I should have listened to Elon who said he would not buy a car during initial ramp up!

Dave
Yeah, that's why I too after 5 years of owning Teslas, I keep chiming in here about how the initial production runs of new Tesla designs are always ridden with QA issues and best to wait a few quarters if possible. After the initial sugar high, it's more like buyers remorse for some.