Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, thought I would start a checklist we can all add to. Feel free to add to it.

Tesla Model S Checklist

• Panel gaps
  • Trunk and hood alignment
  • Fender alignment
  • Bumper alignment
  • Paint
  • Clear coat overspray or missing, door jams
  • Glass overspray, clarity and scratches
  • Door handles getting stuck
  • Outside fender/windshield paint
  • Yoke leather coming apart
  • Glue showing in Yoke
  • Yoke worm
  • Dash grill dent
  • Chips on buttons
  • Wood trim defects
  • Carpet not extending all the way
  • Dash leather tears and stains/glue
  • Rubber gasket around doors not properly set
  • Interior rear door alignment
  • Side mirrors jiggle
  • Rattles
  • Pedal vibration 35-50 mph
  • Check charging door function
  • Make sure car and headlights turn off when walking away
Got all those (and a lot more) in my Wiki - Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread

Hi guys, thought I would start a checklist we can all add to. Feel free to add to it.

Tesla Model S Checklist

• Panel gaps
  • Trunk and hood alignment
  • Fender alignment
  • Bumper alignment
  • Paint
  • Clear coat overspray or missing, door jams
  • Glass overspray, clarity and scratches
  • Door handles getting stuck
  • Outside fender/windshield paint
  • Yoke leather coming apart
  • Glue showing in Yoke
  • Yoke worm
  • Dash grill dent
  • Chips on buttons
  • Wood trim defects
  • Carpet not extending all the way
  • Dash leather tears and stains/glue
  • Rubber gasket around doors not properly set
  • Interior rear door alignment
  • Side mirrors jiggle
  • Rattles
  • Pedal vibration 35-50 mph
  • Check charging door function
  • Make sure car and headlights turn off when walking away
With all the problems, anyone regret their purchase? I have an LR with an EDD of late Sept.

Looks like there are 2 or 3 dozen folks with problems. There have been maybe few hundred deliveries, perhaps 1k? That's a high rate of defects.

So worried I might cancel. My M3P only has a door alignment issue that was fixed at the SC in about 20 min.

Looks like there are 2 or 3 dozen folks with problems. There have been maybe few hundred deliveries, perhaps 1k? That's a high rate of defects.

Your guess is probably way off. We know that they delivered 1,890 vehicles, likely all Model S, in Q2. The VINs were in the 430s, if I recall correctly, and we are seeing VINs in the 440s now. So they have likely delivered another ~8,000 Model Ss so far in July/August.

Okay, so noticed a few things:
  1. No car wash mode yet
  2. No ANC, at least not explicitly noted in the release notes
  3. Can't get autopark to work (also, autopark was not noted in the release notes)
Anyone on 2021.24.3 able to get autopark to work? I guess one person on YouTube has gotten it to work but on 2021.24.2 and here's what it's supposed to look like:
I just got pushed the 2021.24.4. Anyone else? Will update thread once I get some more info on changes.

I just got pushed the 2021.24.4. Anyone else? Will update thread once I get some more info on changes.
OOH - I see it on my app too. Still at work so can't download yet, but I'll take the plunge tonight. I'm going to stay on 24.3 for date night tonight as there's nothing less romantic than pouting over a car that's acting up.

• Funny
Reactions: impastu
I have no regrets in my LR. I had a list of 7 items that needed to be fixed. They all should have been caught in QC but the service center has been great. It took 4 weeks to get into see them but over the last 48 hours all but one (new carpet on order) were fixed. You may have a handful of issues when you get it but rest assured they will be fixed and you will have an amazing car! I love it every time I slip into that drivers seat!

Are you setup for advanced updates, I can't tell if there is an update as the app cannot connect, can't recall if I get the in car notification for acknowledging an update.
Press on the dock button with 3 dots to open up the apps and it should be there

IMG_1225.jpeg

• Helpful
Upload complete. Watched “Thor” in my garage. Maps and navigation look good standing still and Dashcam button is in place like Omar’s screen. Will update in tomorrow’s drive if anything is outta whack. Yes - I love this car!!
31516529-55AB-4EF1-B34E-BC4C78209CB4.jpeg

Upload complete. Watched “Thor” in my garage. Maps and navigation look good standing still and Dashcam button is in place like Omar’s screen. Will update in tomorrow’s drive if anything is outta whack. Yes - I love this car!!
View attachment 699394
Is the dashcam button avail on the status bar? I cant find it or open dashcam viewer without voice. Just got that update you have.

edit: figured it out! Its at the bottom vs i thought was next to homelink/wifi etc..doh. Anyway all is good now!

Last edited: