Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the charge port issue too. Have to manually press the door to get it to open. There is one area you can literally touch the car with the charge port and it “might” open but that is a no go.

Also the panel on the side of the console “squeaks” “plastic rubbing sound” if you press on it. Noticed it with my elbow.

Might be a rattle sound in my drivers door “vibration sound” but not ready to put that on on my list yet

FWIW -- don't have charge port range issues. I can be standing behind my car and pressing the button on my HPWC charging handle will open the door (HPWC is mounted to the right of the car)
Right. That’s how it likely should be. I’ll have whatever it is replaced. Hopefully mobile can do it… I don’t know if they have to replace the whole charge system or if it’s just the flap…

Reactions: impastu
And here's the update after leaving the car at 90% (well, 100% because of the overcharge problem) for 48 hours. It made no difference at all. Rated range at 100% is 298 miles, and I don't even need to drive the car to know nothing is fixed because... powers of deduction. So now I wait till the remote tech is back in the office on Tuesday, - 5 weeks after picking up the car and it's never worked. I wonder how many months it will be till the issue is resolved?

And here's the update after leaving the car at 90% (well, 100% because of the overcharge problem) for 48 hours. It made no difference at all. Rated range at 100% is 298 miles, and I don't even need to drive the car to know nothing is fixed because... powers of deduction. So now I wait till the remote tech is back in the office on Tuesday, - 5 weeks after picking up the car and it's never worked. I wonder how many months it will be till the issue is resolved?
Sorry to hear that. I think that if they can't replace the battery pack very quickly, you are well past being reasonable and should be insisting on a new car.

I suggest you insist that Tesla take the car into the Service Center. That will allow them to do detailed diagnosis and get engineering involved if the service personnel cannot resolve the problem. That's what happened with my car that exhibited similar symptoms (although not necessarily the same problem) as yours.

Reactions: Bull and impastu
I suggest you insist that Tesla take the car into the Service Center. That will allow them to do detailed diagnosis and get engineering involved if the service personnel cannot resolve the problem. That's what happened with my car that exhibited similar symptoms (although not necessarily the same problem) as yours.

What does your 100% charge say in terms of range now?

And also starts the clock running for a lemon law claim.

And also starts the clock running for a lemon law claim.
Bit of a double-edged sword. Risk them doing more damage while it sits there, or outside getting bird poop all over it while some numpty opens their door into it etc. Will see what they say on Tuesday when they (are meant to…) get back to me.

There is a button for the heated windshield. And I believe this is now the generation that does not use the visible filament that they have used in the past. So the good news is I believe this is a heated windshield.
My windshield has a light hazy appearance that won’t go away with cleaning. Maybe this haze has something to do with what heats the windshield?

• Informative
Hey all. Do you find that you have to have the charger plug much closer to the charge port on the S for the charger button to open the charge port? With the Model 3 the button press on the charger handle would activate the flap from quite a few inches away, certainly far enough that the flap doesn’t hit the charge cord as it opens.

I have to be almost touching the flap on the S for the charger button to open it, and have to quickly move my hand away so the flap doesn’t hit the charger. It’s now easier for me to just push the charge flap with my hand with my hand to open it this way…

I wonder if I’m just pointing the charger at the wrong place, too?

I’m guessing it’s just another way in which my car is broken, or course… Even the unlock credit cards don’t work consistently on my B pillar to lock/unlock the car as a backup to the phone. The Model 3 was 100% consistent. Every tap there would lock or unlock. It can take me 25 attempts on the S. Again, not sure if normal or if my car is just a tur…I mean special.
If I point my plug just to the rear of the door and press the button it opens every time but I have to be within 4 inches. If I point my plug just in front of or right at the door I get nothing - even when I’m almost touching the car.

Downloaded version 32.5 last night and it said auto park was supposed to be included in it but it wasn’t. Has anyone gotten auto park yet?
I can’t get auto park to work with the 32.5 update either. Interestingly, when I read the release notes for this version under Controls it doesn’t mention anything about auto park but others are reporting that it’s now available.

• Informative
My Plaid was delivered last Friday with 2021.11.102 (which seems a little odd) and hasn't seen an update since.

I haven't had an issue in the short amount of time I've had the car, except I can't figure out how to reset trip meters..

Am I missing something, or is there really no way to reset them??
Scroll down to the bottom of the Trip screen. There you’ll see a reset button.

Thanks for the pics. I guess that qualifies though it’s not at all close to what a real heated windshield is. I have one in my Range Rover and it…heats the windshield. All of it.

It looks like they just moved the heating element from the wiper to the windshield to accomplish the same thing as having heated wiper nozzles.

Once again, they are calling things something other than what they really are. Like autopilot, FSD, or in this case, heated windshield.

I can’t wait to see what “active noise cancellation” really means to Tesla.
It’s possible that both the windshield & wipers are heated. The windshield so it can melt ice and the wipers so the wiper fluid nozzle doesn’t freeze up.