Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny, not funny.
We just wait now. We just wait and see if they will get us new packs.

View attachment 712034
My Saga continues further. I decided to get the car down to a low SOC to see how the pack reacts. When I plugged it in, this message came on the screen.
A 1st for me even after owning 5 Tesla's prior and over 250k miles.

Attachments

• IMG_4574.jpeg
    IMG_4574.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 170
My Saga continues further. I decided to get the car down to a low SOC to see how the pack reacts. When I plugged it in, this message came on the screen.
Ugh. Your car is so bad, just like mine! At least you have really, really real ammunition for a new pack!

That should be enough to get Tesla to replace the battery. (Which was the expected outcome because of the imbalance your pack was suffering from.)

Now that just leaves @WilliamG that needs to get the error or confirmation from Tesla that they will replace his pack.

That should be enough to get Tesla to replace the battery. (Which was the expected outcome because of the imbalance your pack was suffering from.)

Now that just leaves @WilliamG that needs to get the error or confirmation from Tesla that they will replace his pack.
Yeah… still waiting. Tesla service wants me to bring the car in so they can reset the estimated range. Ridiculous.

I’m working on other avenues of resolution. Hopefully know something in the next day or two.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja and Phlier
Yeah… still waiting. Tesla service wants me to bring the car in so they can reset the estimated range. Ridiculous.

They reset @Muzzman1's on Thursday, and the error came up today. So it took about a week for the BMS to give up and call it quits. So if going in to get it reset isn't a huge hassle that might help move things along. (Though the time from reset to error may be more related to usage than time.)

That is typically the dead pack message, so that is kinda good news.

.....It get better!
I've set the car to charge to 100% on my 80A HPWC. The charge rate began to taper from 40A at 23% SoC. At this time, The car has 25% SoC and is charging at 2kW (10A)
I suspect the charging will stop at 27% and I will not be able to charge the pack any further.

FYI, I briefly interrupted the charge in case the handle was not pushed in all the way, so that reset the "added" counter.

My Pack is Done.

Hopefully I can get a new one pretty quick, cause 80mi of range is not going to cut it for me. 😑

Edit, it stopped charging at 26%. It's Dead.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 3.39.25 PM.png

Last edited:
.....It get better!
I've set the car to charge to 100% on my 80A HPWC. The charge rate began to taper from 40A at 23% SoC. At this time, The car has 25% SoC and is charging at 2kW (10A)
I suspect the charging will stop at 27% and I will not be able to charge the pack any further.

FYI, I briefly interrupted the charge in case the handle was not pushed in all the way, so that reset the "added" counter.

My Pack is Done.

Hopefully I can get a new one pretty quick, cause 80mi of range is not going to cut it for me. 😑View attachment 712908
Have you not done enough!? That poor battery! It’s crying out. Crying out I tell you! LEAVE IT ALONE, YOU DEPRAVED MANIAC!