Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have rattling noise when bass is set to 4-5?
Also I hear a lot of rattling near the instrument cluster if anyone has had that issue?
I had a rattle in the instrument cluster area. It’s the gap between the dash pad and the air vent opening on my car. I slid a thin piece of foam in and am now rattle free.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Has anyone noticed that the AC takes quite a while to cool off? Or you have to have the temp set to 68 or 69 for it to get cool.
I've heard it mentioned in a couple reviews. This was in the context of being really frustrated that the car by default doesn't activate the passenger side vents when there's no passenger, so you need to go into the UI and turn them on for the cabin temperature to adjust more quickly.

Reactions: impastu
Anyone else having these issues? hopefully all software fixes but still present on 2021.36.

1. sound system still bad after latest update: no sub and no rear speakers
2. Auto headlights suck bad, they constantly blind people in front of me and flash at wrong times. my 2014 auto headlights were much better
3. microphone not working (for phone calls, for voice recognition, anything)
4. beeping from car when parked in garage

Reactions: impastu
Has anyone with the rattle in the area behind the alcantara between the drivers door and the glass roof figured it out? I did a short video to see if anyone has done a "self fix" like the rear drivers side seat latch that rattled.

it is really annoying when traveling at slower speeds on roads that have some bumps etc. and it just makes an irritating sound.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the AC takes quite a while to cool off? Or you have to have the temp set to 68 or 69 for it to get cool.
I have a different experience. AC on my car is set to make it ICE period again. I was always driving 66-68 in my previous
Anyone else having these issues? hopefully all software fixes but still present on 2021.36.

1. sound system still bad after latest update: no sub and no rear speakers
2. Auto headlights suck bad, they constantly blind people in front of me and flash at wrong times. my 2014 auto headlights were much better
3. microphone not working (for phone calls, for voice recognition, anything)
4. beeping from car when parked in garage
I don't think they will ever fix Auto high-beam. It's working really bad and I don't use it.

The same story with auto-wipers.

Has anyone with the rattle in the area behind the alcantara between the drivers door and the glass roof figured it out? I did a short video to see if anyone has done a "self fix" like the rear drivers side seat latch that rattled.

it is really annoying when traveling at slower speeds on roads that have some bumps etc. and it just makes an irritating sound.

I had this exact rattle. They had to take off the trim and reseal it. It shouldn't sound hollow like that when you tap it. It's solid now and sound is gone.

I have a different experience. AC on my car is set to make it ICE period again. I was always driving 66-68 in my previous

I don't think they will ever fix Auto high-beam. It's working really bad and I don't use it.

The same story with auto-wipers.
IIRC, both are required for FSD to engage, so I will hope they continue to refine them.

Reactions: Tigers and impastu
I have now come to believe that anything Tesla says or publishes is a flat out lie. I have an appointment tomorrow. Two rear door handles that don’t fully present, center console that never stayed open, charge port that won’t open with charger handle, and other issues.
I made it crystal clear I couldn’t afford to take two days off to make the 5 hour round trip twice. I was assured it would be done in one day. Repeatedly assured. Right before they SC closes the lying pricks send a text message saying more than one day. I am self employed and this will cost me two full days of income.
This is pathetic, absolutely pathetic. What a joke.

I have now come to believe that anything Tesla says or publishes is a flat out lie. I have an appointment tomorrow. Two rear door handles that don’t fully present, center console that never stayed open, charge port that won’t open with charger handle, and other issues.
I made it crystal clear I couldn’t afford to take two days off to make the 5 hour round trip twice. I was assured it would be done in one day. Repeatedly assured. Right before they SC closes the lying pricks send a text message saying more than one day. I am self employed and this will cost me two full days of income.
This is pathetic, absolutely pathetic. What a joke.
I have never had a perfect car, the issues you’ve speaking of would have never come b4 my work.
still you have a awesome car don’t you?

• Disagree
Reactions: onshi and impastu

Omg mine is the same. Someone figure it out it’s driving me nuts

I have never had a perfect car, the issues you’ve speaking of would have never come b4 my work.
still you have a awesome car don’t you?
I had clients at my house at 8:00pm to last night to make this work. It’s not the issues it’s the constant broken promises. When I promise something it’s done. No excuses.
Well I guess I put my foot in my mouth on this one. Woke up and found a screw in my tire and don’t dare drive that far. So this as all for naught. Tesla ownership sure can be painful.

Last edited: